OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of this but the last 5 words.

And admittedly, it's probably more that I probably just don't like the last 5 words.

I LOVED seeing JWill go to Hubie. I constantly told people that Hubie 'corralled' him so to speak. It was beautiful. DEFINITELY set the stage for him to play the role he did in Miami.

There were TOO many PGs back then for him to have a shot at an ASG, though.

MAN I loved watching him. Also couldn't STAND BIB10, but more because I couldn't stand that whining, flopping squad he lead.

-foe

So you don't agree that Mike Bibby was CLEARLY a superior basketball player than Jason Williams?

Just so we are clear on this.

You don't AGREE

or

YOu have a hard time ACCEPTING the fact?

It wouldn't have mattered.

He wasn't going to get VOTED in.

Coaches weren't going to vote him in.

Why are you automatically assuming he would have PLAYED better.

Here, pick a year. Which year do you want to toy with?

You getting fancy with the on your phone stats now but trying to duck the luka stats from the last convo

foh

like I said not a hill I’m gonna die on.

Got me watching him like..

giphy.gif

-foe

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

What can I say, it annoys me. There's nothing more irritating than when the offense is stagnating and we need a bucket and Anthony Davis bricks a long jump shot over a smaller defender.

If anything, playing in MEM was the best thing that happened to Jason Williams's career. He played his best basketball under Hubie Brown. He damn sure wouldn't have ended up being a key role player for the Championship Heat team had he not be "tamed" in MEM. Jason Williams was my dude, I hated to see him leave SAC, but Bibby was clearly better. Yall trippin. :lol:

Then you named THE KNICKS as if that would have made him better. :lol:
That Memphis squad with J-Will, Bonzi Wells, Mike Miller, Stromile Swift, and Pau Gasol was my squad on NBA Live back in the day

#sametier

1. So we already agree to throw out PER, since it isn't JUST reflective of Offense.

USage: Doesn't support your claim. It just means he is so far greater than his teammates at creating that it makes the most sense for him to dominate the ball.

Offensive WIn SHares: He is TOp 5. Cool.

Offensive Box Plus/Minus: He is TOp 5. Cool.

Is this all you have?

There still isn't a strong argument made here.

I also had a link that showed Luka ranked top 5 In offensive win shares but you’re choosing to ignore it

He’s the leader in playoff assists thus far with 52

4th in total playoff points

5th in playoff ppg

2nd in assists %

Tied for 4th in total reb

2nd in usage %

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Honestly, I ain't counting this bubble stuff for face value. I personally can't do so in good faith.

Stop using Usage. It doesn't help your argument. Please.

Total Rebs doesn't help your argument. Stop.

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

What can I say, it annoys me. There's nothing more irritating than when the offense is stagnating and we need a bucket and Anthony Davis bricks a long jump shot over a smaller defender.

I’m not even a Lakers fan and that annoys me. Especially when it’s a spinning 18 foot fade-away.

AD's most direct comparison is KG without all the yakity yak. Ticket would also kinda float on offense at times but could do everything on the floor on offense skill wise and terrorize on the defensive end. If AD is going to keep shooting the way he's been so far he can do whatever he wants. Nobody can match up with him.
KG might be my favorite player ever besides Iverson. AD is a (significantly) better scorer, and I think AD also has more fouls than assists for his career. KG was top 15 in assists a few times. I don’t really see it.

You adjust for pace and AD’s playoff ppg is one of the silliest we’ve ever seen. Ticket wasn’t putting up points like that

KG might be my favorite player ever besides Iverson. AD is a (significantly) better scorer, and I think AD also has more fouls than assists for his career. KG was top 15 in assists a few times. I don’t really see it.

You adjust for pace and AD’s playoff ppg is one of the silliest we’ve ever seen. Ticket wasn’t putting up points like that
Russ is my favorite player of all time...Iverson and KG are 2 and 3.

I remember when AD was coming, my comp for him was Chris Bosh on offense and Joakim Noah on defense. That's a very good player, and AD still has blown that comp out of the water. :lol:

Wow. He looked a lot better than that in college LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom