OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day it was literally leave and end the season or resume. They been in the bubble since when July. A lot of them sacrificed a lot to go into the bubble and being isolated from the outside world and their family. To say **** it let’s end would have been them looking weak saying we went out here wasted our time we should have never done the bubble.

Sounds like the money ended up talking in the end. The CBA ramifications with the rest of the rank and file players and majority ended up winning.

Think a lot of the friction from last night between the players stemming from the Bucks kind of blindsiding everyone is kinda justified.

You can agree with what they did and still want/expect to be clued in on something like this - that affects ALL of the players both inside and outside the bubble - from the jump.

Like I said yesterday - would fully support what they're deciding to do either way - but they need to be unified in what they're doing because that's their power. They can't be pulling in different directions and get what they need to get done.

Chris Broussard said some real ****. As far as this "what's the plan" thing. Muhammad Ali didn't have a plan, he made a tough decision in the moment. He lost his career and went broke because he stood on his principals. Smack in his prime lost everything. Having a plan is good but sometimes you gotta stand on something and go from there.

To keep people disenfranchised. No one can tell me any different. So much of my HS class time especially as I got into junior and senior year was absolute nonsense classes that could easily be replaced by a financial literacy course.

Some of the electives I took in HS included animal behavior, typing, & astronomy.

Would've been nice to learn how to file taxes but at least I know the moon phases.

What the players did was very brave. Hopefully this will get the owners to use their political clout to do more.

I know what he meant. Bruce is the real deal. He's sort of right. Protesting just puts a band air over a major wound.

Action is what is needed but its easier said then done.

To me it's both, but I certainly understand the frustration, because I've felt that same way. I've done way too many marches over decades, singing the same song (you know which one), doing a lot of the same chants, and it feels like it doesn't accomplish anything. But it is part of the struggle and valuable. It brings people to the table. It legitimizes conversations. And as long as I've been involved in changes, there's always been a veneer of "lets not talk about this in open terms". Say anything about race and people shut down and were just shook. While at the same time leaders continually said we have to get to a point where we can talk about this stuff openly, to one another.

Well we hit that point! Protests do make a difference. I do personally believe we need to get more strategic with protests and not just be a big group of people, but that method has gotten us to this point where people are finally, finally having open conversations without people shutting down.

It's so hard to type this and keep a straight face while the latest gallery picture is half naked dude slapping the fire out of somebody :lol:

Glad the playoffs are back hopefully tomorrow, and glad my dudes stood up for themselves, us, and me.

I know what he meant. Bruce is the real deal. He's sort of right. Protesting just puts a band air over a major wound.

Action is what is needed but its easier said then done.

Protesting is only pointless if it’s the first and last step.

What Arians said was not well thought out.

Chris Broussard said some real ****. As far as this "what's the plan" thing. Muhammad Ali didn't have a plan, he made a tough decision in the moment. He lost his career and went broke because he stood on his principals. Smack in his prime lost everything. Having a plan is good but sometimes you gotta stand on something and go from there.

I think the difference is that Muhammad Ali is one man whereas the NBA is a collective of 450 men varying in age, financial standing, opinion, etc. I agree with the principle but it’s going to be hard to get that many folks on the same page when there are significant, long-term financial ramifications.

Last edited:
I’m shocked it ended so quickly. I thought the playoffs would continue but not this quick. Thought it would be a week or two. Maybe it was money, maybe agreements were made but I’m not gonna judge.

I’ll give Bruce Arians the benefit of the doubt. He’s been very vocal on hiring black coaches. Bucs have the highest number of black coaches in the NFL and he’s always said that was important to him they’re given the same chances as white coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom