OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It got everybody’s attention. For how long who knows but they got people’s attention. I’d say it’s a successful start. Other sports reacted. Players know they have the power. States know this could happen anytime now. Owners are billionaires the low level players would hurt more then them.

i kinda wanted the season to end just to make a statement but i knew lebron didnt want to miss out on another ring...
Back to doing this again...

bunk-the-wire.gif

This doesnt make sense but i guess. It aint like players arent getting paid, their salary doesnt include the playoffs and the NBA pays them

You guys realize that the players’ reasons for sitting out weren’t so much with the league and more with what’s going on outside of the league in society right?

It’s no surprise that they’re resuming play.

The owners were probably like “look- we’ve got agreements for guaranteed money with most of you, do you guys want to terminate these contracts and have to pay back portions of what we’ve already paid you dating back to the very beginning of the season? Do you also want to scrap the current CBA and entertain a potentially prolonged work stoppage where you earn $0 and when we finally do reach an agreement salaries as a whole will be drastically lower because we don’t know when the pandemic will end and we can’t count on Gate revenue?”

No players were going to say yes to that.

I’m not disappointed in the players at all. They have contractual obligations and a small window to maximize their earnings. I appreciate their efforts, but their hands are tied.

It wouldn't surprise me if the owners didn't budge and made it clear if they don't play by a certain date they'd just cancel the season on their own and cancel whatever money they're owed going forward. We know the owners are full of MAGA types

CJ McCollum said a lot of dudes are living paycheck to paycheck and a decision like this doesn't make him seen any less credible.
I was gonna say that contract obligations and all that were probably in jeopardy so they ended up having a change of heart for the guys that aren't making as much. Odd thing to say because they are still making a ton of money but its sad to see that at the end of the day money talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom