OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving credit for vet mins on two (theoretically washed guys), a buyout guy on the Min and a bench player

pssshhhhh

alternatively, they did their homework and located 4 guys who could fit in to the team/system and produce on cheap contracts

To say I could barely sleep last night would be an understatement. I don't know if it was anticipation, anxiousness or just plain insomnia. But whatever I'm wide awake now. Even though I expected us to be in this position from way back over a year ago now, nobody could have foreseen the winding and difficult road (given everything the franchise has had to endure this year).

After nobody picked us to be a top seed, or even win our conference let alone be in pole position to win the entire thing; to finishing this run dominating the entire regular season and playoffs I don't think there's enough plates of crow to hand out to everyone. But at some point I'll try my best to do it.

There are so many storylines to get to and examine, how certain players legacies will be affected, but they'll be an entire offseason for that.

But as for tonight, in the words of Al Davis...Just Win Baby. I don't care if it's by 1 or 21. Do it for for yourselves, do it in honor of the late, great Kobe Bean Bryant and Gigi and their family, do it for Laker Nation who've endured over these seasons.

20201009_093356.jpg

Show win the chip, #17 going up. Bron likely winning an unprecedented 3rd Finals MVP with a 3rd different franchise. My NT Laker brethren hope you've appreciated the journey as well as the destination after a hellacious year in 2020 for us in particular and being at rock bottom and the climb back up to the top, hope this brings a little joy to each and every one of you.

Last edited:
I’d say this season was harder to win than any in the past. Everyone was there with one goal. Those who couldn’t take it bounced out. This season does get an asterisk, because it was harder to win

I personally don’t like to get into the debate if it was easier or harder. If the some current and former players say that, cool. If others disagree that’s alright too. All I know is it is 2019-2020 had a non-traditional regular and post season so therefore I am applying an asterisk to the them.

Not out of disrespect or hate but for historical reference.

I personally don’t like to get into the debate if it was easier or harder. If the some current and former players say that, cool. If others disagree that’s alright too. All I know is it is 2019-2020 had a non-traditional regular and post season so therefore I am applying an asterisk to the them.

Not out of disrespect or hate but for historical reference.
Fair enough. I’m basing my opinion on things said by the players in the bubble. PG talking about depression, chicken wing Lou, Covid testing one night stands, etc. it was all in or all out for the players.

alternatively, they did their homework and located 4 guys who could fit in to the team/system and produce on cheap contracts
Rondo and Dwight wasn’t getting big contracts lol
Morris was a buyout guy who anyone could’ve traded for so that’s a moot point
Caruso was already on that contract as a reserve

It’s the same as dudes lining up for the big 3 Cs and Heat for min contracts. Can’t give credit to the GM when dudes want that rang

Rondo and Dwight wasn’t getting big contracts lol
Morris was a buyout guy who anyone could’ve traded for so that’s a moot point
Caruso was already on that contract as a reserve

It’s the same as dudes lining up for the big 3 Cs and Heat for min contracts. Can’t give credit to the GM when dudes want that rang

alrigut the ring factor and gm lebron is a thing but you still have to figure out if this guy will work or is that guy worth a roster spot over someone else. If you say guys were lining up to sign with this team then Rob could’ve made some poor decisions/have them backfire but they all for the most part hit.

man all this expectation of the lakers winning tonight DOES NOT SIT RIGHT WITH ME

yall remember when golden state was up 3-1??

the heat dont have lebron but they are professional basketball players that i will not understimate

Cant wait for the LeBron has won 3 finals MVP’s with 3 different teams in the future debates

alrigut the ring factor and gm lebron is a thing but you still have to figure out if this guy will work or is that guy worth a roster spot over someone else. If you say guys were lining up to sign with this team then Rob could’ve made some poor decisions/have them backfire but they all for the most part hit.

All true, but that’s much clearer on October 9, 2020 than it would have been on July 28, when the votes were cast for executive of the year. If the Lakers didn’t have the playoff run in the bubble they did, this wouldn’t be a conversation .

All that said, Pelinka probably should have gotten more votes than he did due to the Lakers being number 1 in the West before the break.

Tonight will be the first time in over a year China will show an nba game.

That’s the power of Kobe. The power of Bron. The power of the Lakers brand.

People who say bringing up Kobe is corny. No its not. This **** is bigger than basketball. This is for the whole world who will forever have Kobe in their hearts.

Cant wait for the LeBron has won 3 finals MVP’s with 3 different teams in the future debates

I get how this is a talking point because it has never been done but when you take a step back and look at it...is it even impressive? Teams get old and capped out making it harder to win with them. For a decade LeBron circumvented that issue by jumping ship to greener pastures.

In fact, he might not have won 3 FMVPs period unless he switches teams twice so I’m not sure it should be lauded as some sort of special accomplishment.

I get how this is a talking point because it has never been done but when you take a step back and look at it...is it even impressive? Teams get old and capped out making it harder to win with them. For a decade LeBron circumvented that issue by jumping ship to greener pastures.

In fact, he might not have won 3 FMVPs period unless he switches teams twice so I’m not sure it should be lauded as some sort of special accomplishment.

I like to think he had stayed in Miami, Pat Riley would've ended up rebuilding a championship caliber squad around him.

He definitely would've ended up with that 3rd ring by this point in that alternate timeline . The East would've still had to have gone through him.

I like to think he had stayed in Miami, Pat Riley would've ended up rebuilding a championship caliber squad around him.

He definitely would've ended up with that 3rd ring by this point in that alternate timeline . The East would've still had to have gone through him.
Does Bosh still stay in 2014 if Bronzo stays?

Does Bosh still stay in 2014 if Bronzo stays?

I don't think so. Bosh is on record as saying he was worn out by those yearly championship expectations.

Plus the Rockets offered him the bag that Riley had no intentions of dishing out until Lebby ran out of town

I'm sure that's such a big what if for the Rockets fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom