OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How gorgeous would it be for Bron only to be the 1st to comeback from 3-1 in the finals to also losing from being up 3-1 in the finals

(it’s not happening but dammit I need chaos)

How gorgeous would it be for Bron only to be the 1st to comeback from 3-1 in the finals to also losing losing from being up 3-1 in the finals

(it’s not happening but dammit I need chaos)

now that would be devastating.

3ogj64u1b3s51.jpg

His career was in shambles before he got to LA
1st player ever to win with Bos and LA
10 years ago he lost to Kobe in Gm 7
10 years later he wins a chip in Kobe Mamba Jersey

1602258910241.jpeg

R.I.P. Kobe and Gigi

Time is crazy. It don't even feel like 10 years ago watching that 7 game finals. AD wasn't even in the league, Lebron is a Laker, Rondo is a Laker.

you gotta give where credit is due. Lebron didn't even get the Lakers to the playoffs last year. so it's AD. also, AD is a beast during this entire playoffs, Lebron is just coasting. can't give FMVP to someone that is just coasting half the games played.

LeBron has coasted in half of his games.

You got any way to prove that?

Once Lebron wins tonight the NBA can go ahead and pack it all up and end basketball. Lebron beat Covid, racism and won the chip. Nothing else will matter after this season. It’ll just be the needless sequel. Ninja turtles 3 type of nba

I
His career was in shambles before he got to LA
1st player ever to win with Bos and LA
10 years ago he lost to Kobe in Gm 7
10 years later he wins a chip in Kobe Mamba Jersey

1602258910241.jpeg

R.I.P. Kobe and Gigi
I think Rondo is the second person to do this no?

My take on asterisk talk from back in July when the restart kicked off.

I don’t think many folks were saying that an asterisk would be required due to anything gameplay related. The argument was that an asterisk is applicable because the season paused for the length of an off-season and the entire playoffs will he played on a neutral court.

The thought is that an asterisk doesn’t diminish the title. It just denotes that it’s different which it is.
Because the circumstances are different than a traditional regular or postseason. Using that same logic EYE also apply asterisks to 1998-1999 and 2011-2012 seasons and champions to highlight that they are different.
I think the disconnect is that people use their term asterisk differently. Some people use it in an attempt to diminish the season/championship and others use it to highlight the structural or procedural abnormalities of the season/championship.

One is subjective. The other is objective.

TL;DR - Yes, this title deserves an asterisk. No, that does not take away from the winner. You can’t control who you have to go through to win a championship and in the case of 2020, you couldn’t control the fact that there were no fans, no traveling, no home court, etc.

The only thing players could control was their play on the court and the first to 16 wins gets rewarded with the 2020 championship. It’s silly to diminish it based on circumstances outside of their control.

Dear Rajon Rondo,

Apologies for every negative assumption I've had of you since you became a Laker. I know you a former Celtic but you now officially a Los Angeles Laker in my book.

You brought that Celtic pride and swag to the team. You brought toughness, court savvy, team play, and most of all leadership on the floor and in the locker room.

Thank you 'Doe, for being a championship influence, and for helping lead the Lakers back to where they belong - at the top.

Sincerely,

Lakers fan who has witnessed every Lakers title run since 1980.

lakers winning and dodgers with a good shot as well
feels like 1988
my dodgers and my lakers :pimp:

My take on asterisk talk from back in July when the restart kicked off.

TL;DR - Yes, this title deserves an asterisk. No, that does not take away from the winner. You can’t control who you have to go through to win a championship and in the case of 2020, you couldn’t control the fact that there were no fans, no traveling, no home court, etc.

The only thing players could control was their play on the court and the first to 16 wins gets rewarded with the 2020 championship. It’s silly to diminish it based on circumstances outside of their control.
I’d say this season was harder to win than any in the past. Everyone was there with one goal. Those who couldn’t take it bounced out. This season does get an asterisk, because it was harder to win

Times like these I wish I wasn’t an atheist

The idea of Kobe watching down tonight is everything. Wish he could see it

Times like these I wish I wasn’t an atheist

The idea of Kobe watching down tonight is everything. Wish he could see it

Just because you don’t believe in God (gods) doesn’t mean you can’t believe in some form of afterlife for Earthly beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom