OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think he had stayed in Miami, Pat Riley would've ended up rebuilding a championship caliber squad around him.

He definitely would've ended up with that 3rd ring by this point in that alternate timeline . The East would've still had to have gone through him.

I thought about that when I was writing my post but wanted to keep it a little spicy :lol: Considering what Miami did post-Bron, I would like to think if he stayed, they would have figured it out roster wise but winning a championship would have still been a challenge. Even if he did...as we’ve all kind of maintained, he gave himself a much better chance by dipping to Cleveland which is why the “3 Team/, 3 FMVP” is weird.

He left an aging Wade and worn out Bosh to go to Cleveland to play with Kyrie and force the franchise to trade their #1 pick for KLove.

After Kyrie bounced and he was left with KLove and pieces, he skipped town to go LA and forced the franchise to trade young pieces for AD.

I am not criticizing his or the franchises’ moves in either instance because it was the right thing to do but to act like him winning with three different franchises is special is odd. On the surface, it speaks to his ability “to win anywhere” but he migrated specifically to those franchises they because were positioned to mold themselves into a “Bron Team” (could even say the same thing with the Heatles tbh).

Last edited:
20201009_093356.jpg

Shorts?????

I thought about that when I was writing my post but wanted to keep it a little spicy :lol: Considering what Miami did post-Bron, I would like to think if he stayed, they would have figured it out roster wise but winning a championship would have still been a challenge. Even if he did...as we’ve all kind of maintained, he gave himself a much better chance by dipping to Cleveland which is why the “3 Team/, 3 FMVP” is weird.

He left an aging Wade and worn out Bosh to go to Cleveland to play with Kyrie and force the franchise to trade their #1 pick for KLove.

After Kyrie bounced and he was left with KLove and pieces, he skipped town to go LA and forced the franchise to trade young pieces for AD.

I am not criticizing his or the franchise’s moves in either instance because it was the right thing to do but to act like him winning with three different franchises is special is odd. On the surface, it speaks to his ability “to win anywhere” but he migrated specifically to those franchises because were positioned to mold themselves into a “Bron Team” (could even say the same thing with the Heatles tbh).

And the most entertaining part in this whole entire thing is how no one saw Stephen Curry and the Warriors coming.

He went home thinking the East is dead, the only team out West was San Antonio and they were old. I think he made that move thinking he was going to bring multiple titles to Cleveland.

Then Lord Threezus ruined everything :pimp:

was joking years ago saying bron should've joined the dubs cause they were building something special :lol: who knew, they'd be the ones that stopped him from really piling up chips

i don't even recall who the main teams in the east to challenge cleveland when he returned. was it suppose to be the knicks?

I get how this is a talking point because it has never been done but when you take a step back and look at it...is it even impressive? Teams get old and capped out making it harder to win with them. For a decade LeBron circumvented that issue by jumping ship to greener pastures.

In fact, he might not have won 3 FMVPs period unless he switches teams twice so I’m not sure it should be lauded as some sort of special accomplishment.

People get infatuated with things that haven’t been done before. But when you think about it, there really isn’t anything inherently more impressive about winning 3 FMVPs with 3 different teams than winning 3 with the same team

But it felt like Kawhi was going to get positive credit for doing it if he pulled it off with the Clippers, so I guess Bron should.

Last edited:
was joking years ago saying bron should've joined the dubs cause they were building something special :lol: who knew, they'd be the ones that stopped him from really piling up chips

He's going to return the favor though. Show ain't going nowhere over the next couple seasons.

i don't even recall who the main teams in the east to challenge cleveland when he returned. was it suppose to be the knicks?

Bulls with Derrick Rose? 5 Co-PoTM ATL Hawks?

1602268030041.gif

Man the warriors did an excellent job stopping him this year

I get how this is a talking point because it has never been done but when you take a step back and look at it...is it even impressive? Teams get old and capped out making it harder to win with them. For a decade LeBron circumvented that issue by jumping ship to greener pastures.

In fact, he might not have won 3 FMVPs period unless he switches teams twice so I’m not sure it should be lauded as some sort of special accomplishment.
Big facts. Just look at when he left Cleveland the first time. What happened to the Cavs? They were trash and loaded up on #1 picks. Whiffed on Anthony Bennett but got Kyrie and flipped Wiggins for K. Love. Also drafted Tristan. In other words Lebron leaving Cleveland made it possible for Cavs to reload so Bron could return and compete for a ring.

I like to think he had stayed in Miami, Pat Riley would've ended up rebuilding a championship caliber squad around him.

He definitely would've ended up with that 3rd ring by this point in that alternate timeline . The East would've still had to have gone through him.
Maybe Bron is that great, but I think the Heat roster was done contending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom