OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're talking about what has worked in the finals? No it shouldn't be.
That's not specified. So I go with my criteria.

If I'm building a squad from scratch in 2021 to try to win a chip, I'd take Bron, AD, Giannis, Kawhi, and KD over Steph. No hesitation

Lebron
Kuz
Rondo
KCP
Dwight
Caruso
Bradley
Morris
Green
McGee

Ain't doing a damn thing either in the West. They'd be struggling to make the playoffs as we saw Bron did with the kids last season. They were only 28-27 when Bron played. Y'all need to stop being disingenuous. Bron needs AD just as much as AD needs Bron.

This is simply not true. Nash and Dirk were top 5 plenty of times.
But not til Dirk had defensive minded teammates Tyson Chandler, JKidd, and Marion did he finally win a chip.

That's why my criteria is top 5 best player not top 5 best player titles included lol. Many will disagree with me

This is disingenuous, man. You cant honestly look at AD and those Pelicans rosters and say that they are comparable to the teams that any of of those other players (Kawhi, Lebby, KD, Steph) took to championships or on runs.

Plus the Lakers wouldn’t make the playoffs with just Bron and this roster. None of these guys are winning championships without an elite #2/supporting cast as well as elite coaching.

Jrue was good man. Like really good. Khris Middleton tier. Even with a heathy Cousins they wouldn’t have made it past round 2. What about the talent Giannis plays with now? Not much better. Atleast there was 50 win seasons.

But fine, what about ADs individual awards? MVP? DPOY? No individual awards either. Idk what puts him in the top 5 if he doesn’t make others around him better to achieve some kind of team success (.500 record would be nice) and doesn’t have any individual accolades.

Lebron
Kuz
Rondo
KCP
Dwight
Caruso
Bradley
Morris
Green
McGee

Ain't doing a damn thing either in the West. They'd be struggling to make the playoffs as we saw Bron did with the kids last season. They were only 28-27 when Bron played. Y'all need to stop being disingenuous. Bron needs AD just as much as AD needs Bron.
The “AD needed LeBron!” argument is nonsense to me because it’s clear as day that LeBron needed AD too. I don’t think you can really say “Just replace him with any other big and the Lakers are still here” either because no other big is really capable of doing the things he’s doing right now.

This is simply not true. Nash and Dirk were top 5 plenty of times.

Nash top 5 is a reach. Even in the MVP seasons.

2005- Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, KG, Bron, Dirk
2006- Kobe, Bron, Dirk, Duncan, Wade, KG

Wouldn't necessarily say he was a better player than any of those guys

Jrue was good man. Like really good. Khris Middleton tier. Even with a heathy Cousins they wouldn’t have made it past round 2.

But fine, what about ADs individual awards? MVP? DPOY? No individual awards either. Idk what puts him in the top 5 if he doesn’t make others around him better to achieve some kind of team success (.500 record would be nice) and doesn’t have any individual accolades.

Giannis, who you’re saying is Top 5, and Khris Middleton couldn’t even make it past Round 2 in the East this year bro. Last year they lost 4-straight to the Raps. Replace AD with Giannis and those Pels teams would have seen the same success.

I’m not really arguing him over Giannis but to include Harden or KD/Steph who haven’t played in almost 1.5 years over him seems biased.

^^^ There were times in the ECF when the Celtics attacked the zone just like they should have, like the Lakers have done. But they didn’t sustain it. Always reverted back to just jacking contested 3s. Not going to happen with the Lakers.

Bron bout' to ride my team for his 4th chip, it's wild to think about Cleveland era Bron and how the coverage of him has changed-- they used to try to shame him to no end and now he has the recipe

Offseason should be wild

^^^ I honestly don’t think there’s going to be much dramatic player movement this offseason, especially as compared to last year. AD is the only true superstar FA and he’s not going anywhere. And I just don’t see any blockbuster trades on the horizon.

Also James harden is better than kawhi. Harden was better in the regular season and he was better in the playoffs this year. Kawhi load managed all season, 3 months off with season being paused, and he still was struggling to beat his man 1v1 in the Denver series. Can’t hide behind kawhi defensive reputation either because I didn’t see him play any great defense or even attempt to defend Luka/Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom