OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn wish JK would come back too since all these other RBs coming back like Dummies

The dudes who left early look even smarter. Taylor, Swift, Cam Akers and Dobbins are the biggest winners from Etienne coming back (other than Clemson, on course)

Etienne's decision seems like that was his choice, I can't imagine any agent, family member etc... telling him to go back to school

From what I heard his mother is a fiction writer so he comes from money (to what extent I don’t know) anyway so he may want his degree and then football after

The most appealing thing about Najee was the limited workload which he is giving away for nothing.

Saban and Dabo should be ashamed of themselves. When is the last time a RB with a draftable grade went back to school and raised his stock? It doesn’t happen.

absolutely kick the tires.

This would be like rock bottom for USC if he left though. Just signed a good 3 year extension with USC. They can't lose him.
This is a bit of an overreaction but we USC fans are battered at this point so I understand where casper90403 casper90403 and tupac003 tupac003 are coming from :lol:

Joe Brady just signed a3 year $3M extension and he’s leaving. People want to coach in the NFL. Taking a step up and leaving isn’t a shock or rock bottom. It’s the fairly normal progression of things.

Football coaches also take informational interviews all the time to build relationships and learn. Doesn’t mean Graham is looking to leave. His wife has also made it clear that she and the family aren’t leaving Southern California but if he does we’ll hire a replacement. It’ll be fine.

IATT IATT to answer your question, yes it’s a good thing that you’re looking at him. He doesn’t really run a ton of RPO stuff which I believe is Pedersen’s offense so I don’t know how he’d fit scheme wise. Maybe as a passing game coordinator. But as mentioned above, it could just be Philly getting him in the room to learn about his offense and exchange ideas.

Nothing but there aren't as many quality backs ahead of his in the 2021 draft. Just Chuba and (now) Etienne.
Until next year when under recruited and scouted guys get an opportunity and shine.

Plus Bama’s players particularly RBs and LBs always get knocked at the draft medical for too much wear and tear. How would another year of getting beat up while showcasing the exact same skills with less supporting offensive help, help Najee?

nako xl nako xl if he leaves...do we even have options?

Clearly the Air Raid is effective.

You can throw the ball without running the air raid but if he leaves we’ll hire someone else with a similar background.

Graham was an OC for3 years before we hired him and before that we had Kliff. There are other good OCs even air raid OCs out there.

Because it was always this year then bust for the whole team. Get this chip then go.

I was telling dacomeup dacomeup and アミーゴ アミーゴ how for a bit there Ed O was talking to SC boosters about bouncing too. Allegedly.

It’s why I’ve been saying this whole time next year is gonna be interesting for them. Does LSU have this same love for Coach O if they go 7-5/8-4 next year?

Last edited:
You can throw the ball without running the air raid but if he leaves we’ll hire someone else with a similar background.

Graham was an OC for3 years before we hired him and before that we had Kliff. There are other good OCs even air raid OCs out there.

Because it was always this year then bust for the whole team. Get this chip then go.

I was telling dacomeup dacomeup and アミーゴ アミーゴ how for a bit there Ed O was talking to SC boosters about bouncing too. Allegedly.

It’s why I’ve been saying this whole time next year is gonna be interesting for them. Does LSU have this same love for Coach O if they go 7-5/8-4 next year?

You know that narrative will change if he goes 7-5. Not next year but two seasons of 7 to 8 wins....they will be on his head.

Randy told young a Moss to get that

tenor.gif

It would be interesting to see how they work this in practice and in coaches meetings and such. Seems so OD, but I've been out of the game too long to know how a dynamic like that could work with all those specialty coaches on one staff.

There have been a couple of teams with 3 play callers: passing game, run game, etc. SC and I think Michigan (correct next if I’m wrong Mich guys) have done it.

I knew of teams with OC + pass game coordinator, but then adding all those other coaches seems like too many voices/opinions to organize into a fluid game plan. HC would have to be anally organized it seems.

There have been a couple of teams with 3 play callers: passing game, run game, etc. SC and I think Michigan (correct next if I’m wrong Mich guys) have done it.
I swear I watched a game earlier in the year when a school had a two run game callers. One for 1st and 2nd down..and one for 3rd downs only

Back
Top Bottom