OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just like the NFL's 100 list

Alot of picks felt forced to commerate older players from those era's

What backs did they have ahead of Reggie? Probably some dudes from the 50s and 60s who wouldn’t even start with the type of athleticism in today’s game

Top 5 backs of the last 20 years (since I've been watching CFB)

Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Jonathon Taylor
Darren McFadden
Todd Gurley

Zeke Elliot, Melvin Gordon, Saquon Barkley and Fournette are all close

Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Jonathon Taylor
Darren McFadden
Todd Gurley

Agree except I’d take Barkley or Zeke over Taylor. Taylor’s got stats but that’s about it IMO

Last edited:

Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Jonathon Taylor
Darren McFadden
Todd Gurley

Demarco Murray was nice too. You also forgot Arian Foster, Stephen Jackson, CJ2K, Jonathan Stewart, Edge, Beastmode,

Got to give Kirby credit for upgrading the offensive staff. Hopefully he's willing to take a hands-off approach.

Kirby has been given everything, how much more time does he get before he gets the can he win the championship treatment

You dont hear the CFB media? He's already getting that treatment and he's only been a head coach at any level for 4 years total :lol:

People are already saying that Kirby will never win a Natty

Last edited:
What backs did they have ahead of Reggie? Probably some dudes from the 50s and 60s who wouldn’t even start with the type of athleticism in today’s game
In order from 1 backwards:

Jim Brown, Herschel Walker, Archie Griffin, Bo Jackson, Jim Thorpe, Red Grange (from 1923 to 1925), Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Doc Blanchard (1944-46), Ernie Davis, Walter Payton, Tony Dorsett, Glenn Davis (1943-46), Billy Sims, Billy Cannon (1957-59), Doak Walker, O.J. Simpson, Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, Marcus Allen, Adrian Peterson, Howard “Hopalong” Cassady, Eric Dickerson, Floyd little, Pete Dawkins, Ricky Williams, and Ernie Nevers.

Mark Richt with a visor

Crazy that Dan MuLLLen and Florida have lost three consecutive games to "Mark Richt with a visor". Dan Mullen has been a head coach for over a decade and hasn't even won his division once.

But I forgot to, next year is the year and you guys are closing the gap. Did I get it right?

Let me guess, your response is going to be some variation of a "1980" joke. Keep making jokes about the past and will keep beating you guys in the present.

Last edited:
Crazy that Dan MuLLLen and Florida have lost three consecutive games to "Mark Richt with a visor". Dan Mullen has been a head coach for over a decade and hasn't even won his division once.

But I forgot to, next year is the year and you guys are closing the gap. Did I get it right?

Let me guess, your response is going to be some variation of a "1980" joke. Keep making jokes about the past and will keep beating you guys in the present.

I'm just pointing out the similarities between Kirby and the start to Mark Richt's career. It literally jumps off the page. But yea the gap is closing and has been each year. It was a fair question. UF doesn't have the top end talent that UGA does there's no disputing that fact but having the talent has never really been an issue with them Dawgs and yet and still it's been 40 years.

USC gonna settle on Todd Orlando? Interesting.
That’s a good hire considering the circumstances.

I’m torn. Before this past season I really liked the way Orlando called games and prepared Texas’s defense in practice. I thought he was great with their personnel, but last year they were pretty awful. Completely banged up in their secondary, yes, but awful; and he stubbornly wouldn’t adjust.

I'm just pointing out the similarities between Kirby and the start to Mark Richt's career. It literally jumps off the page. But yea the gap is closing and has been each year. It was a fair question. UF doesn't have the top end talent that UGA does there's no disputing that fact but having the talent has never really been an issue with them Dawgs and yet and still it's been 40 years.

I've heard people say this about honestly, I don't get the negative part of the comparison, the first 5 years of Mark Richt's career were great, 3 division titles and 2 SEC titles, regularly beating top 10 teams, etc. He would've made the CFB playoffs twice if it were around at the time. He had a very successful beginning to his career. The reason that Richt was fired was because of the stretch after from 2007-15 that with only 2 division titles and 0 conference titles (although we were a play away in 2012)

Is the argument that fans are assuming Kirby's career will taper off the way Richt did?

I personally don't see it. Kirby is a much better recruiter than Richt and has been alot more pro-active than Mark Richt about making staff changes (Richt kept their DC Willy Martinez around way too long because they were friends). Also, if you look behind the scenes, Kibry has been instrumental in transforming the entire football program (facilities, upgraded recruiting dept, getting more and better analysts, money for coaching staff, etc.)

At the end of the day, people on twitter and message boards are gonna talk and have their opinions.

Last edited:
Ya’ll forget Lendale White helped Reggie carry the load.....?Reggie was a highlight reel no doubt but. I understand. I’m not his biggest fan or critic though.

that was VY heisman, btw

Lots of A&M chatter that with Coley getting demoted, Jimbo's going to try and take him from UGA now as a TE coach since he couldn't a couple years ago.

Is he worth a **** at all?

Lots of A&M chatter that with Coley getting demoted, Jimbo's going to try and take him from UGA now as a TE coach since he couldn't a couple years ago.

Is he worth a **** at all?

There was some chatter about it on the 247 message boards. Coach Coley took all the Georgia related information off of his social media and that's where the rumor started.

Coley is an elite recruiter. One of the best in the country and he's been key in Georgia coaching some of the best players in Florida. As far as actually coaching, I would say he's average.

Back
Top Bottom