OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, a lot of the kids hate it too. How many times have we heard a transplant say that after sitting/redshrting for a year at [SEC school] they wanted to transfer out, just to suddenly find themselves playing or starting.

It's one thing if you're from the south and that's home and your culture, and another if its a whole different world, you don't have football, and you're sitting around your room in Tuscaloosa like wtf did I do...

:lol: :lol: that's what I'm saying. There's no excuse for USC to not be a dominant power. The fact that CJ Stroud and Jermaine Burton, two kids from Calabasas, didn't have USC in the final cut is an indictment on the program.

That would be the easiest sell in college football, "yeah those SEC schools are great, but do you really want to spend the next 3 or 4 years in the middle of nowhere, far away from your family?"

Urban Meyer took the SEC recruiting machine and took it to the Big Ten. There needs to be a coach that can do that for USC (seems like Cristobal is going to do something similar at Oregon).

Urban Meyer took the SEC recruiting machine and took it to the Big Ten. There needs to be a coach that can do that for USC (seems like Cristobal is going to do something similar at Oregon).
What is the SEC recruiting machine? Being a semi-competent coach and shelling out big cash for players? Lot of this stuff is on the admin committing, boosters commit, etc.

It's not some magic wand that the "SEC' has. :lol: USC has won a title this millennium, Texas, FSU, Miami (barely). SEC recruiting machine is literally just dumping cash into the football program at whatever cost and then spending on players. And for most programs outside of Bama, is it even ending with titles?

My school (USC) is just a damn joke right now.

They have made so many bad moves since Pete and until they get it right, SoCal kids are gonna look elsewhere.

SEC's biggest advantage is their ability to be the biggest direct pipeline to the NFL and the national exposure and all the primetime slots the kids get by playing for the flagship schools.

SEC's biggest advantage is their ability to be the biggest direct pipeline to the NFL and the national exposure and all the primetime slots the kids get by playing for the flagship schools.
Bama is the only SEC school even outpacing the other big name programs around the country. Other schools can't trumpet that they pump more players out.

What is the SEC recruiting machine? Being a semi-competent coach and shelling out big cash for players? Lot of this stuff is on the admin committing, boosters commit, etc.

It's not some magic wand that the "SEC' has. :lol: USC has won a title this millennium, Texas, FSU, Miami (barely). SEC recruiting machine is literally just dumping cash into the football program at whatever cost and then spending on players. And for most programs outside of Bama, is it even ending with titles?

Since 2007 Seeing an SEC team has been the National Champ or runner up (or both) every year other than 2014 (that includes 4 unique teams btw). I'd say it's working pretty well.

Yes , boo boo your right

My school (USC) is just a damn joke right now.

They have made so many bad moves since Pete and until they get it right, SoCal kids are gonna look elsewhere.

Just wait until Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio come on as assistant coaches/analysts this season.

Not a joke. It’s rumored to be in the works.

giphy.gif

A&M gave Zach’s spot up to a linebacker they were slow playing, so he’s definitely locked in at UGA.

He’s a RB. For sure.

But he’s so damn good outta the backfield he’ll line up all over.

ABC deal for SEC gives each program another $20m per year. So that’s about $60m+ per year per program

I’m hoping fox gets in one last bid but doubt ABC walks away

A&M gave Zach’s spot up to a linebacker they were slow playing, so he’s definitely locked in at UGA.

I don't get it. So they miss miss out on Smith because they felt good about Evans but then they give Evans spot to a linebacker? So I guess they just don't need another running back in this class?

University of Florida football star to be featured in upcoming Netflix documentary :nerd: :nerd: :wow: . MVP MVP you've got great people representing your school!

Back
Top Bottom