OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get it. So they miss miss out on Smith because they felt good about Evans but then they give Evans spot to a linebacker? So I guess they just don't need another running back in this class?
Need one? Not really. Would’ve absolutely taken both those guys though.

Gotta talk Jashaun Corbin outta the portal now for sure though.

Jimbo was a bonehead and played the “I don’t process kids” game and signed Jordan Jefferson so numbers got weird. No need to take a RB at this point just to take one.

Probably all in on trying to steal McKinnley Jackson at this point for the last spot.

tenor.gif

I agree with their ruling. It's a common game that kids play. I even saw grown a** senior officers still doing that dumb stuff

I agree with their ruling. It's a common game that kids play. I even saw grown a** senior officers still doing that dumb stuff

The circle game, around for generations, was featured in the early 2000s sitcom “Malcolm in the Middle” and has made a resurgence as a photobomb prank in sports team photos--along the same line as “bunny ears” fingers. In more recent years, it became an internet meme in a online game of “gotcha.”

But the Anti-Defamation League said the gesture, with the thumb and forefinger touched in a circle and the other fingers outstretched, has also been appropriated as a signal for white supremacy. That started as a hoax perpetuated on the online message board 4chan. The original idea was to take an innocent and common gesture and arbitrarily transform it into something that would enrage liberals.

The campaign was so successful, the gesture came to be used semi-sincerely by Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other white nationalists to signal sympathizers in public places.

Brenton Tarrant, the white supremacist accused of killing 50 people at two New Zealand mosques, flashed the sign to reporters at a court hearing last March.

Mini-scandals involving the hand gesture have become regular media fodder. In 2018, the U.S. Coast Guard suspended an officer who appeared to be making the hand sign during a Hurricane Florence television broadcast. A high school in a Chicago suburb yanked all copies of its yearbook from distribution amid concerns about a photo in which students displayed the gesture. The Chicago Cubs last May banned a fan from games after he flashed the symbol behind a broadcaster.

————

At some point, the “Im sorry. I didn’t know I couldn’t do that,” defense shouldn’t cut it. As viral as the circle game is, so is the knowledge of its white supremacist associations.

Those cadets are 18-23. They didn’t watch no Malcolm in the Middle. If they know what the game is now they also know people get tight about it so they should cut the ****.

Tbh I’d discipline them just for being dumb and putting their superiors in a position to have to deal with that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm kind of over this Evans kid. He's a tremendous, game-changing athlete but he's a walking red flag. I highly doubt that he stays eligible for three years of college. If Georgia gets him, great if not, I'm not sweating it. He may not be worth the headache

Another weird situation around Evans...

Won’t play in state final today - coach sent him home.

These guys rarely work out

According to the 247 guys, he already signed and most people believe he signed with Georgia. I hope you mature is with time but we've all seen far too many prospects with bad attitudes that flame out. We'll be lucky to get two seasons out of him before he gets kicked out or has to go to juco.

Seems like Brandon Cox 2.0. talented kid who's going to get in trouble, catch an attitude and then transfer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191221-131050_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-131050_Samsung Internet.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Damn, needed Zach to play and beat duncanville so Bosco can’t be unanimous national champs

didn’t duncanville lose their qb a couple games ago?

Rumor on Evans is he refused to give up his cell phone with the rest of the team when they got everybody together either last night or this morning.

Only kid on the team that refused.

Kids are silly, man.

The circle game, around for generations, was featured in the early 2000s sitcom “Malcolm in the Middle” and has made a resurgence as a photobomb prank in sports team photos--along the same line as “bunny ears” fingers. In more recent years, it became an internet meme in a online game of “gotcha.”

But the Anti-Defamation League said the gesture, with the thumb and forefinger touched in a circle and the other fingers outstretched, has also been appropriated as a signal for white supremacy. That started as a hoax perpetuated on the online message board 4chan. The original idea was to take an innocent and common gesture and arbitrarily transform it into something that would enrage liberals.

The campaign was so successful, the gesture came to be used semi-sincerely by Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other white nationalists to signal sympathizers in public places.

Brenton Tarrant, the white supremacist accused of killing 50 people at two New Zealand mosques, flashed the sign to reporters at a court hearing last March.

Mini-scandals involving the hand gesture have become regular media fodder. In 2018, the U.S. Coast Guard suspended an officer who appeared to be making the hand sign during a Hurricane Florence television broadcast. A high school in a Chicago suburb yanked all copies of its yearbook from distribution amid concerns about a photo in which students displayed the gesture. The Chicago Cubs last May banned a fan from games after he flashed the symbol behind a broadcaster.

————

At some point, the “Im sorry. I didn’t know I couldn’t do that,” defense shouldn’t cut it. As viral as the circle game is, so is the knowledge of its white supremacist associations.

Those cadets are 18-23. They didn’t watch no Malcolm in the Middle. If they know what the game is now they also know people get tight about it so they should cut the ****.

Tbh I’d discipline them just for being dumb and putting their superiors in a position to have to deal with that.
Already knew what the outcome would be.

Ppl will continue to act ignorant about current affairs doe
yeshrug.png

On a football note, ready for an L today on a last minute trick play...would be fitting
2requkj.png

Do your thing at the next level Skinny
149zi90.gif

Thanks CP
149zi90.gif
sb232d.png
So much “Jacob Eason is an NFL QB” and “Jacob Eason is way nicer than Jake Fromm” d riding on the broadcast though. It was like Eason’s agent threw Herbstreit some cash for help in a push to get him into the first round. They probably see Fromm as the direct archetypal “pro style” white guy competition.

Lulz basically rebooting the offense a week after signing day, and UW supposed to be honorable.

Good guy Clay knows he’s bringing in a new DC and TE coach so he refused to sign any players on those sides of the ball because it wouldn’t be fair to them until they know who their coaches are.

Back
Top Bottom