OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lulz basically rebooting the offense a week after signing day, and UW supposed to be honorable.

Good guy Clay knows he’s bringing in a new DC and TE coach so he refused to sign any players on those sides of the ball because it wouldn’t be fair to them until they know who their coaches are.
tenor.gif

Them kids better off with Bush...Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do

Lulz basically rebooting the offense a week after signing day, and UW supposed to be honorable.

Good guy Clay knows he’s bringing in a new DC and TE coach so he refused to sign any players on those sides of the ball because it wouldn’t be fair to them until they know who their coaches are.
Good guy Clay has the 80th ranked recruiting class. I'm guessing it wasn't worth it.

what’s their integrity ranking?

Maybe you’re ok selling your dignity for 4 stars.
I prefer selling it for 5 stars. Miami and Michigan can pull in 4 stars keeping the dignity intact it seems.

Say all of this to say Manny Diaz better be firing Dan Enos and Co. right after this game ends :lol:

Need one? Not really. Would’ve absolutely taken both those guys though.

Gotta talk Jashaun Corbin outta the portal now for sure though.

Jimbo was a bonehead and played the “I don’t process kids” game and signed Jordan Jefferson so numbers got weird. No need to take a RB at this point just to take one.

Probably all in on trying to steal McKinnley Jackson at this point for the last spot.

I forget which pod it was I was listening to that was arguing the Baylor offense has jumped the shark and isn’t special or a schematic advantage anymore. I found the reasoning interesting.

I forget which pod it was I was listening to that was arguing the Baylor offense has jumped the shark and isn’t special or a schematic advantage anymore. I found the reasoning interesting.

What was the reasoning?

People have adopted elements of it, but if lil Briles is allowed to run what he wants at Arky it’s still radically different than most of CFB.

They can give the SECW problems if they can recruit some speed.

Last edited:
What was the reasoning?

People have adopted elements of it, but if lil Briles is allowed to run what he wants at Arky it’s still radically different than most of CFB.

They can give the SECW problems if they can recruit some speed.

I think it was that the wide splits, speed it’s run at, and run concepts aren’t unique to them anymore and so many teams have seen similar systems that they’ve adapted and run what amounts to a spread defense to stop it.

The episode was this year but fairly recently (November?) and they were using Dino Babers and Kendall this year as examples of the rest of the country catching up. I wish I could remember which pod it was. I leave my Apple podcasts running at work and half pay attention so the sports pods all kind of blend in when it’s not solid verbal or one of those more unique ones.

I think it was that the wide splits, speed it’s run at, and run concepts aren’t unique to them anymore and so many teams have seen similar systems that they’ve adapted and run what amounts to a spread defense to stop it.

The episode was this year but fairly recently (November?) and they were using Dino Babers and Kendall this year as examples of the rest of the country catching up. I wish I could remember which pod it was. I leave my Apple podcasts running at work and half pay attention so the sports pods all kind of blend in when it’s not solid verbal or one of those more unique ones.

Dino at this point is kind of running his own thing https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...offense-syracuse-orange-spread-veer-and-shoot, and lil Briles did have a top 20 offense last season and improved FSU's O from 90th in 2018 to 45th in 2019 according to SP+ despite all the turmoil.

There's probably a philosophical argument to be had if whether the Baylor Briles era guys outside of Kendall are struggling because of the system, or because they're just not very good coaches. The proliferation of the Air Raid has more to do with Leach's ability to identify and develop coaching talent, than it does with the system itself IMO. It's not a skill every successful coach has.

I think Arky can put up some numbers provided Pittman buys in 100% and they get the right pieces, but the biggest downfall of the system IMO is how easy it is to negatively recruit against it. Josh Gordon is really the only guy who played any significant time in that system to have a lasting impact in the league, and the common theme for just about all the guys who busted was the learning curve in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom