Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

:lol: that is true. At the same time though, a good coach gets the most out of their players. Outside of THJ and Noah Vonleh, seems like everyone regressed or are not being put in spots to succeed.
Who's regressed?

Frank's always been buns, Burke last season was an anamoly, Kanter is Kanter, Mario is Mario.

Hardaway, Vonleh, and Dotson are all playing the best ball they've ever had. Two rookies who were basically undrafted are top 5 at their positions.

Idk what y'all expect from Fiz

It's like y'all really expect him to coach this team to a .500 record while kristaps waits till he's healthy then comes back to will us to a 8th seed second half of the season :lol:

Ain't happening.

Who said anything about an All-Star level PG?

We need ANY starting PG at this point. Bledsoe & Augstin are light years ahead of Frank and Mudiay.

How you gonna say our lack of assists can't be attributed to a lack of a PG? LMAO That's like saying an NFL teams lack of passing yards can't be attributed to not having a quality QB.

A good playmaker is essential to this free-flowing offense especially and would get everyone else moving the rock as well...swinging it around the perimeter and feeding Kanter and Mitch when they have position. Mitch should be getting at least 3 lobs a game. Dotson is a great outside shooter who is being asked to do too much, he should be getting set up on drive and kicks. Trier should be getting hit on cuts to the rim instead of having to dribble so much to find a shot.

You're mocking Bledsoe like his drive and kick doesn't break down offenses and open things up for everyone else. And did you not see how thoroughly Augustin outplayed our PGs yesterday? You didn't see how the Bulls pressured our PGs and the whole team crumbled? Put Frank and Mudiay on Milwaukee and you don't think their assist numbers would fall of a cliff? Be real.

Mudiay had the worst PG plus minus numbers in the whole league in Denver and he brought that here. Frank is essentially a non-factor at this point, he's 71 out of 73 in PG PER, meaning he's basically the worst PG in the NBA...and those 2 make up our back court. WTH you expect? You want Fiz to draw up plays for Lance and Vonleh to start handling the ball, coming off screens for drive and kicks? WE HAVE NO PG PLAY. That's the root of the problem.

Who do you really expect to handle the ball and swing the rock on this roster? Name them...

We just don't have the personnel. Literally no player on this team's forte is passing.

Last edited:
The only players I would legit want to see on the team next year are Mitch, Trier, DDot, Timmy, Knox, Vonleh and Kanter (for the right price)

Nah we need an all star pg.

If not might as well bring back Duhon and Felton.

How you gonna say our lack of assists can't be attributed to a lack of a PG? LMAO That's like saying an NFL teams lack of passing yards can't be attributed to not having a quality QB.

Thats a terrible analogy. Team assists have nothing to do with the play of 1 player.

Remember when the Suns asked for Frank and Willy for Bledsoe and the Knicks were insulted by that offer?

Even today i'd be insulted by that offer.

The only players I would legit want to see on the team next year are Mitch, Trier, DDot, Timmy, Knox, Vonleh and Kanter (for the right price)

Confused to why you’d want Kanter on this team when KP comes back. Also I’m not too crazy bout Timmy. Might be a looter in a riot honestly w/ his volume shooting

Here's a list of the top assist teams in the NBA. According to your logic, the Rockets should easily be top 5 with 2 of the greatest passers of our generation. But nope, they are #29. Wzards have a top 5 PG in this league, but nope they suck *** too. The Blazers have a top 5 PG in this league, nope the're in the bottom too.

Moving the ball as a team is all on the coach.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-game

Here's a list of the top assist teams in the NBA. According to your logic, the Rockets should easily be top 5 with 2 of the greatest passers of our generation. But nope, they are #29. Thats on the coach.

So we’re really gonna call for Fiz head 14 games in w/ a young team that we(or at least I) KNEW would not win many games this season? Are we really gonna do this?

Confused to why you’d want Kanter on this team when KP comes back. Also I’m not too crazy bout Timmy. Might be a looter in a riot honestly w/ his volume shooting
I just feel like Kanter is that borderline goon presence that we need.

Na Fiz does more bad than good so far. Having an iso based system, especially when our franchise player is an iso scorer himself, is not a good look this young into Fiz's coaching tenure.

Young teams with no stars or egos tend to move the ball more often. There's should be zero excuse why we are dead last in the league.

Fiz said that there's 2 sides of the ball and that we're passing but shots arent falling. Man that pissed me tf off. That's some dumb **** Dantoni used to say.

Na Fiz does more bad than good so far. Having an iso based system, especially when our franchise player is an iso scorer himself, is not a good look this young into Fiz's coaching tenure.

I’m not really worried bout Fiz. This is a team missing their best player w/ a bunch of young guys. I’ll gauge his performance a lil better when the season isn’t a wash and when I’m not rooting for a tank lol.

Here's a list of the top assist teams in the NBA. According to your logic, the Rockets should easily be top 5 with 2 of the greatest passers of our generation. But nope, they are #29. Wzards have a top 5 PG in this league, but nope they suck *** too. The Blazers have a top 5 PG in this league, nope the're in the bottom too.

Moving the ball as a team is all on the coach.

Yes because D'antoni is not one of the best offensive and most assist driven coaches in the league.....

You're not making any sense man.

How can moving the ball all be on the coach? Is he on the floor? How in the world can it all be on him?

You're turning on Fiz a month into the season when he has one of the worst rosters in the NBA. Y'all do the same damn thing every year. It's incredible.

It's too early in the season to even put any weight on these rankings. Houston can go on an assist spree next week and move from bottom 5 to top 5 in assists.

NY sports fans have no chill. Mad exaggerated hype or hate...media thrives on that, creates a toxic environment, team gets broken apart, new team assembles, false hope is injected to reinflate the hype machine...rinse and repeat the cycle.

Last edited:
If a young team is not moving the ball, it falls on the coach. Who holds the ball most? Egos, star players, etc. Which we have none of.

14 games in you cant sit there and watch every game and tell me Fiz's entire offense is not heavily iso based. Do you even see what we run? It's terrible.

Im basing all this off what we’ve seen from Fiz so far . Whether or not he is the man for the team is to be determined. But the body of work we have so far tells a certain undeniable story.

When KP comes back, there is no indication SO FAR that he wont just catch the ball in isolation and be told to go to work.

Quite possibly his defense , and presence alone might make a world of difference in terms of spacing and mismatches. But for the actual style of offense , whats to say there wont be anymore dribble hand offs going nowhere? After timeout plays have also been incredibly dissapointing.

I completely understand that personnel is definitely an issue, but schematics, spacing, movements, screens, slips, and more are all based on coaching.

Not giving up on Fiz, theres def room for improvement but im just saying I effing hate these dribble hand offs .

He still hasn't even settled on a starting roster yet, how can you pass such harsh judgement already? I thought this was a multi-year project? Now we crucifying the coach after 14 games when he has the youngest roster in the NBA? We are ranked where we should be ranked right now, close to the bottom of the league in damn near everything. The team sucks and our performance reflects it.

From what I've been hearing his goal was to stress pace and space, letting young players find their roles by running the floor and maximizing fast breaks. With young inexperienced players that's probably the best option early on. We just came out of a couple season of rigid triangle X & O's and you saw how horribly that failed. Give the man a chance to see who has what and what he can work with going forward.

If we have a fleshed out roster next season or the one after and Fiz is still letting them freestyle, then by all means...get at him.
But 14 games in, with the youngest and one of the worst rosters in the NBA and you acting like we have the worst coach in the NBA...it's a bit much.

Last edited:
I feel that Fiz's offense is iso heavy, that is merely an observation not a crucifixion of the coach. That's not gonna get a lot of assists with a young team. Of course a better pg would get more out of the offense but it's early, very early. The team was bad from jump and lottery bound so expectecations should still be low. I'd like to see them push the pace again and be a bit more entertaining :lol: bad but fun is a happy medium imo

Back
Top Bottom