Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

That I agree with. Really no real veteran presence on this team.

Either way it seems we’re headed into another year with a pick in the 7-10 range. Would be 3 years in a row now. Top FAs don’t join teams that show zero improvement. This diva KP better be healthy or else well be stuck in purgatory again.

I don’t feel like finding the Wall comparison to quote but at least he can generate the offense with the simple pick and roll. He can also drive to the bucket and actually score. Frank can’t get to the cup unless the defender blinks at the right time. So yes, a lot of the problem is our PG play. Like many have already said, he just passes off after crossing half court. Might as well put Kornet in to do that. Opposing guards pretty much know they can take a nap when Frank is on the court bc he’s a 0% threat to do anything. No drive and dish, no drive and finish, no step back jumper, no ball handling moves to get him anywhere on the court, nothing but a pass off. Basically, we’re playing 4 on 5 and where Tim is the only one that consistently create his own shot. How are we gonna get “ball movement” when teams don’t respect out players do really do anything. Our offense looks like some college/high school ****, bc our roster is the equivalent of just that. We’re a D3 team while playing against the top 25.

There are a handful of teams with much worse rosters than us that move the ball and actually run an offense.

Fiz is here to instill confidence in the young guys and covertly lead the tank.

Yeah actual plays would be nice but as of now just let them play and play thru their mistakes. The end goal is a high draft pick regardless

Fiz is here to instill confidence in the young guys and covertly lead the tank.

Yeah actual plays would be nice but as of now just let them play and play thru their mistakes. The end goal is a high draft pick regardless

Exactly and to figure out what player is good at what. Trier would still be buried on the bench if Fiz didn’t let him do his thing.

Only rosters definitively worse than ours are Atlanta & Cleveland.

You could make a case for Phoenix but Booker + Ayton is better than anything we currently have.

Only rosters definitively worse than ours are Atlanta & Cleveland.

You could make a case for Phoenix but Booker + Ayton is better than anything we currently have.

Cleveland, ok. I’m not even sure if Atlanta is worse than us. Outside of Tim and Enes, the rest of the team is a bunch of D-Leaguers. Baze, Prince, sometimes Trae, and Len are actual NBA players.

Regardless, dude made it seem like we’re not in the bottom 3 in terms of talent. We’re supposed to be bad. Our offense is compared to college/high school, bc that’s our equivalent comparison to the rest of the league. Just like most college/high school teams is a bunch of roster spots and a couple good players that actually can score. Said teams don’t have players that average high amounts of assists for that reason.

Numbers are skewed because of turnover opportunities, he's a good defender most definitely but you can't sit here and tell me with a straight face that Frank pushes the tempo. Every team in the NBA runs after a turnover

I can find a stat where it says we're better than the 2005 Suns in certain situations but in reality we aren't in the same stratosphere.

When it isn't a turnover opportunity it's the simple dribble to the 3 pt line and get rid of the rock.

We got Frank stans and seems like we got Fiz stans now too. What’s next on the Fizdale menu? Probably starting Mudiay :rofl:

That I agree with. Really no real veteran presence on this team.

Either way it seems we’re headed into another year with a pick in the 7-10 range. Would be 3 years in a row now. Top FAs don’t join teams that show zero improvement. This diva KP better be healthy or else well be stuck in purgatory again.
This team is not that good. 2 game winning streaks at the most.

More like 3-5 pick range.

This team is not that good. 2 game winning streaks at the most.

More like 3-5 pick range.

I have us in that same range. Cavs and Atlanta are clearly worse than the knicks. Everybody else in the bottom five its a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom