Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Best seats ive ever had at the garden for our worst game of the season

good grief

DrxABFYW4AERnF9.jpg

We really last in the league in assists? You dont need an elite PG to move the damn ball :smh:

Another indication of Fiz iso heavy offense.

We really last in the league in assists? You dont need an elite PG to move the damn ball :smh:

Another indication of Fiz iso heavy offense.
Definitely worried about that as well. Plus our big still suck on the pick n roll on offense and defense.

Lack of assists falls squarely on Frank's lack of skill.

He's been given the role of primary ball handler and distributor and he just can't do it. He can't create for himself so there's no way he can create for others. Now teams know this and all they have to do is pressure him a little and he passes it as soon as he crosses half court, then hides from the ball. Creating a 5 on 4 situation, where everyone has to work super hard to get a shot for themselves. That's why Hornacek kept Frank on the bench last year and Fiz is starting to do the same now.

Mudiay is flat out trash and Trey is really a 6th man scoring guard not a PG.

So essentially we have ZERO PG play.

I've been saying this for about 10 years now but we desperately need to fill that position. We're going nowhere until we do. Can't even accurately asses our young players until we have a good ballhandler and playmaker, who can allow them to play freely and fall into their roles.

Since when do you need a all star level PG to move the ball or run some actual plays.

Bucks are #2 in the league they have Eric ******* Bledsoe. The Orlando Magic have a 3rd strong PG as their starter and rank #6 in assists.

Its complete ******** to think we’re not passing the ball because of our lack of point guard.

Best seats ive ever had at the garden for our worst game of the season

good grief

DrxABFYW4AERnF9.jpg

Section 9? How'd you like it behind the hoop?

I have a nice credit from Vivid Seats from when they ******* scammed me so I was looking at seats in section 7.

Sucks that the Xs and Os are getting exposed so early on. Sometimes it looks like straight pickup out there :lol: . I thought we would have AT LEAST until X-mas before we have that stretch of “can’t do anything right” basketball. The Iso’s suck. And it doesn’t look like any new wrinkles to the offense can be added any time soon.

We can and still should be able to compete defensively but the rotations have been a little wierd recently. Due to Frank’s maddening inability to maintain aggresion, he’s getting yanked early. Kanter had also been “producing” so coach throws him 14-16 straight minutes sometimes.

Not sure where we go from here. As long as we compete defensively Id be good but these losses and the inefficient offense is taking its toll on the fan base already.

Do we make a move? Stay put? Watch more Hardaway and Kanter 1-2 punch? Hope Frank starts driving and thriving and hitting that 3 ball consistently? Triers efficiency has already dropped since scouting reports came out on him. Not sure how to adjust we dont really have any knockdown shooters we can swing it to. Anyone got that stat on midranges ? We HAVE to be leading the league in midrange attenpts, probably lower tier in conveting the 3, but we do get it up a lil more often.

Co sign on PG play. A lot of what killed me last year was how the lead guard would bring the ball up past half and dump it to KOQ. Whos standing just inside the 3, looking to make a play.

This year its basically the same. Frank brings it up past half, swings it to Dot. Dot comes around and gives it to Vonleh who is supposed to make a play but always picks his dribble up and ends up getting smothered by the defense. Frank, is already buried in the corner frozen, so its just Vonleh at the wing getting absolutely molested as he tries to find Hardaway or Dotson to bail out a pass to , and theyre usually covered pretty good. This happens at least a couple times a quarter

I watch other good teams, and none of them run the garbage *** handoff offense we run every time we cross halfcourt. We make 3-4 unnecessary passes, next thing you know there's 7 seconds on the shot clock. It's just like last year, same dribble handoff in the most inefficient way possible.

This is what high school teams run. There's not one X and O assistant coach on that bench. They're all preachers. Back when we hired Fiz, if you watched Grizzlies tape it was VERY iso heavy based. He's a good talker, not much else.

You know this thread will never see eye to eye on certain players. Just like Melo wasn’t a problem but yet he was dumped by OKC, ATL (before he even played one game) and Now by Houston. Just like half the thread thinks Kanters game doesn’t fit, but couldn’t see that Melos game doesn’t fit. Remember half the thread was feenin’ for Batum, Bazemore and Crabbe and was ready to drop a bag on them. Some just know and some just hope.

Since when do you need a all star level PG to move the ball or run some actual plays.

Bucks are #2 in the league they have Eric ****ing Bledsoe. The Orlando Magic have a 3rd strong PG as their starter and rank #6 in assists.

Its complete bull**** to think we’re not passing the ball because of our lack of point guard.
I've watched more than a few games and the offense relies on iso scoring. You won't get assists from a young team that way.

Back
Top Bottom