Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Dude hasn’t even been in the league 5 years :lol: Mudiay was nowhere near as bad as Frank in his rookie or sophomore year. If you saw both at a rec center and had no idea who they were, in the first 5 min tell me which one even looks like they play basketball. Frank doesn’t even move like a basketball player. Even his dribble is awkward. Both players came in at 19 years old btw.

Ya comparing, but over the past 30 seasons, we have 2 out of 3. And even over the past 30 seasons, we started 2 out of 3.

Cats acting like Mudiay is old and let’s flip it, Frank fans are saying the Knicks are ****in up his development and don’t know how to use him but the same can be said about the Nuggets and Mudiay. Maybe Denver ****** up his development and didn’t know how to use him.

Last edited:
This the same argument with Melo. Everyone knew he was washed af except for the stans in here, who just happen to be the Frank haters.

And at least now we know we can Blame the organization for any lottery pick that didn’t work out and not the player. And we can thank any organization for lottery picks that become stars and not the player themselves.

Last edited:

He was arguably worse

He averaged 13 5.5 and 3 his rookie season and only played 8 mpg more than Frank. Frank has improved by all of 0.1 ppg all while playing only 5 mpg less than Mudiay. Fiz/the organization is turning the “bust” in Denver to an actual player. While Frank is still Frank. Please continue to reach for reasons as to why Frank should get more minutes over a player that is obviously improving.

You REALLY think that Frank would double his numbers in those 8 minutes? The same Frank who’s go to move is the dribble hand off at half court? Dude you can’t be serious. I really need to know what the fixation is with Frank. No bs. Why is it sooooo important for an underperforming player to get PT? Solely bc he was a lottery pick? Bc he was drafted in the first round? Honestly, If we picked him up in the 2nd round, NONE of you would be upset he doesn’t play more.

It's not about Frank. If you invest in any player in the top 10 you gotta give him 30 min a game. Especially if your depth in that position is lacking. Especially if your team still loses every game. You just have to let him finish out his rookie contract.

What good does benching him do? If he ever gets traded and ends up being a late bloomer you forever will regret it. Its a lose lose situation keeping him glued to the bench over a guy who has no future on this team and is in a contract year.

This isnt the Sixers where they need win now players and have no patience with a player like Fultz. Imagine they trade Fultz now and he explodes on some other team? We actually have the patience and time to let our lotto picks finish out their rookie contracts.

IMO, the first mistake with Frank was forcing him at PG. He does have good vision and is unselfish but he is not a PG. He should've been playing SG from day 1, he has/had real potential as a jack of all trades role playing 2 guard.

The second mistake was not mixing NBA game action with time in the D-League. Frank played 78 games at 21 minutes per game but he had a few games in which he would barely crack 15+ mins. Dropping him into D-League action every once in a while so he can really work on his skillset in live game action wouldn't have killed him and would've help with his confidence issues. There's been a few instances of teams letting young guys get some run in the D-League and then calling them right back up

Most of the scouting reports on Frank clearly state that he's a few years away from being ready. He's a long haul project.

But Frank wasn’t even our current FO’s pick. He was basically Phil’s last F U. If they wanna finally commit to him playing SF, then fine. But he is nooooooo PG. none of his skills translate to that position. He doesn’t even show flashes of being an NBA PG. regardless if he has a longer future with us than Mudiay, it doesn’t make sense to play someone that just isn’t good hoping they’ll just wake up one day and bloom. All the dude is is talk. He talks about being more aggressive, he talks about doing more, coach puts him in the game and then what.......absolutely nothing changes. Until this guy shows an ounce of being an actual player, idc if he’s 20 or 40, sit his *** on the bench.

This isn’t a black and white matter. Its a lot more complicated then that.

Everyone wants to blame Phil for drafting him. But no one gives that idiot credit for drafting KP. Especially in a time where literally no European player was considered a top player in the league. Especially when Winslow, Mudiay, literally every other overhyped prospect was on the board. KP averaged like 6 and 5 in 15 minutes a game in Europe playing as a back up. Not much different than Frank.

I don’t think you understand how hard it is to get adjusted to the NBA game as a point guard. Let alone a European point guard. Even Tony Parker, every overseas guard struggled when they got into the league. Just because of this it makes all the sense in the world to play him 30 minutes a game. This is turning exactly into an Hornacek situation where he gets benched for every mistake he makes. How tf will a timid 20 year old ever gain confidence if in back to back years he gets benched for every little mistake. Everyone praises Fiz for his development but this is not how u develop a 20 year old who has no confidence. Remember when Knox played like absolute **** yet still got playing time? Also, Mudiay already went through his dog house days in Denver. Where he played 10 min one game and was benched the next 20. Clearly that didn’t work in his favor either.

Y'all frank fans really telling me his production can't be replicated by another 3&D player tho? lol I honestly don't see his ceiling be much more than that anyways and u can find that in FA or late in the draft

The same could be said about Mitch Robinson. You telling me we can’t find another back up big who puts up 5 pts and 4 rbs and fouls out in 15 minutes? Exactly.

I rather all our young players make and learn through their mistakes now. When we suck. When we’re playing for nothing. Boxscore stats are meaningless when the games don’t matter.

Franks best position is as a guard next to a score first point guard. It’s not about stanning for him. Our best lineup and one of the best in the league was when him and KP shared the floor together. Not ready to give up on him until I see that PnR another 100x. In a time where we’re not in a position to win, yea let’s just watch Hardaway go 3/18 on a broken foot.

don't think it's really too demanding of a top draft pick to show and prove by now.
frank can be easily replaced. better players have been traded and even pushed out of the league.
he should be given minutes tho so he can be reevaluated at the end of the season.
no growth by then? outta here

The same could be said about Mitch Robinson. You telling me we can’t find another back up big who puts up 5 pts and 4 rbs and fouls out in 15 minutes? Exactly.

I rather all our young players make and learn through their mistakes now. When we suck. When we’re playing for nothing. Boxscore stats are meaningless when the games don’t matter.

Franks best position is as a guard next to a score first point guard. It’s not about stanning for him. Our best lineup and one of the best in the league was when him and KP shared the floor together. Not ready to give up on him until I see that PnR another 100x. In a time where we’re not in a position to win, yea let’s just watch Hardaway go 3/18 on a broken foot.
come on son now we comparing rookie mitch (who has show GREAT flashes) to frank !? :lol: who hasnt shown really any growth in 2 seasons? plus mitch been hurt but.. Mitch upside > Frank's still imo

Frank has shown great flashes last year also. Hell he was better last year. That’s fully on our development team.

90% of second year players can be replaced.

If everyone stay playing the same way, Rise will probably get unanimous decision.

That's not to say Mudaiy hasn't had a comeback year, he has.

Back
Top Bottom