**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D8_4sCSU8AUR6Uc.jpg
this was after the game??

No doubt. He scored 11 and could barely move.
I still think he’ll be straight man.

Worst comes to worst he turns into a 7 foot floor spacer like dirk.

It sucks he’s probably not a top 10 all time player caliber anymore but I have no doubt saying he’ll still be like top 25 post Achilles
He’ll be All NBA caliber when he returns he’s a real hooper might be a bit slower with the handles but jumper still gon be wet like a Latinas P..

KD missed 1.5-2 months of ball, came back into the nba finals off one practice and proceeded to **** on everyone and score 11 points in less than a quarter. He was the best player on the court after not playing for 6 weeks.

He’ll be fine post Achilles.

All he did was catch and shoot tho

No doubt. He scored 11 and could barely move.
I still think he’ll be straight man.

Worst comes to worst he turns into a 7 foot floor spacer like dirk.

It sucks he’s probably not a top 10 all time player caliber anymore but I have no doubt saying he’ll still be like top 25 post Achilles
Havent seen many people say that KD didnt look fantastic for those 12 minutes other than you and the guy you quoted.

KD is possibly one of the most skilled athletes we have ever eeen on the floor + physically he's a freak. He's gonna drop a level but i expect him to still be a top 10 guy when he gets back. That shooting stroke and being 7 feet ain't going nowhere. I expect him to really add to his post game now more than ever.

What are player option rules for max contracts? I have no idea what the answer is but if he can do it I think Kawhi will resign a max with Toronto that gives him the flexibility to opt out whenever he can. If we aren't still a contender in 2 years (we're going to overhaul our squad once Lowry, Gasol, and Ibaka contracts expire), then he can bail.

Thing about Achilles it leads to other injuries later down the line. KD is not young anymore. He wont play his next NBA game until he is 32.

kawhi kinda struggled this series imo
but i guess its diff cuz they covered him differently
i think gsw plan was to let bron eat and let everyone else beat you so he had better numbers
gsw plan for toronto was to trap kawhi cuz he struggled against the double teams lol mans can't pass

Kawhi has it right now

Basketball is a team sport. Winning a title doesn't make you the best player because without good enough teammates you ain't reaching the summit.

LeBron is easily the most dominant player in the NBA today, and this is coming from a Raptors fan.

When everyone is healthy I'd take LeBron #1, and would be happy with either KD or Kawhi as my #2. Although he is going to win MVP, Giannis' offensive game lacks versatility to be in this conversation. Guys like Steph, Russ, Harden, etc are great players but IMO not going to carry a team to a title as the centre piece.

Reactions: Ube
Kawhi is not better than Durant or James, it's not even really close. Top 10 for sure, top 5 in a good year, but not the best player overall.

There were times on the court this post season where he flat out disappeared.

Basketball is a team sport. Winning a title doesn't make you the best player because without good enough teammates you ain't reaching the summit.

LeBron is easily the most dominant player in the NBA today, and this is coming from a Raptors fan.

When everyone is healthy I'd take LeBron #1, and would be happy with either KD or Kawhi as my #2. Although he is going to win MVP, Giannis' offensive game lacks versatility to be in this conversation. Guys like Steph, Russ, Harden, etc are great players but IMO not going to carry a team to a title as the centre piece.
Ofcourse healthy lebron has twice the offensive talent as Kawhi. I'll rather lthe media set Kawhi as the best in the game. He can have it til all star game. I want lebron to feel like he has to prove something.

Last edited:

Dominant ≠ Best

So Durant and Klay go down and the Raps steal a title, and now Kawhi is the best player in the league?

But if the Raps got swept by a fully staffed Warrior roster, Kawhi wouldn't be the best player in the league?

Do I have this correct?

Kawhi is not better than Durant or James, it's not even really close. Top 10 for sure, top 5 in a good year, but not the best player overall.

There were times on the court this post season where he flat out disappeared.

Man almost broke the NBA record for points scored in the postseason while guarding the opposing teams best player every night. FOH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom