**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic would still have 3 MVPs to his 2
Steph would still have no finals MVPs (unless in you're scenario he finally wins one)
Magic was also 9x All NBA 1st team in 11 seasons, Steph is currently at 2 in 10 seasons (likely 3 this year)
The assist titles not even close.
Basically it can't happen.

It's like Bron and MJ. People will masturbate themselves into saying Bron is better but..c'mon. Like I still think Kobe is better than Bron but I'm not gonna sit up here and debate because objectively, statistically, whatever..I get it. Bron and Steph can make a helluva case for #2 but #1 is out the question because it would take such an unbelievable career to surpass the real GOATs and that's how it should be. If/when someone truly surpasses them, there should be no debate because they will have to be THAT good

Can we all agree on one thing? The 2015 FMVP voting was an abomination. Iggy averaged 16/6/4/1 on 50/40/36 while Steph averaged 26/5/6/2 on 44/38/89. I don’t know how those asinine voters had the unmitigated gall to slight Steph like that. They should be ashamed of themselves for making a mockery of such a prestigious award.

Can we all agree on one thing? The 2015 FMVP voting was an abomination. Iggy averaged 16/6/4/1 on 50/40/36 while Steph averaged 26/5/6/2 on 44/38/89. I don’t know how those asinine voters had the unmitigated gall to slight Steph like that. They should be ashamed of themselves for making a mockery of such a prestigious award.
Nope the voters are flawless adjudicators of contribution who couldn't have possibly got it wrong.
Also remember that time Steph missed that shot while Delly was guarding him? Can't win such a prestigious award like that.

I knew it was bs when MJ wasn’t winning it every year..

The way you all talk about the barbershop set in here, I’m starting to get the impression they’re a bit misinformed in there - at least about basketball. It’s kind of disappointing...

:rolleyes

It's like Bron and MJ. People will masturbate themselves into saying Bron is better but..c'mon. Like I still think Kobe is better than Bron but I'm not gonna sit up here and debate because objectively, statistically, whatever..I get it. Bron and Steph can make a helluva case for #2 but #1 is out the question because it would take such an unbelievable career to surpass the real GOATs and that's how it should be. If/when someone truly surpasses them, there should be no debate because they will have to be THAT good
Jordan story line was crazy tho
did everything in 13 years pretty much
took 2 years off :lol:
so he did all this in a super condensed career compared to like Kareem and even Bron who were 15+ lol
even Bean played 20

That because a bunch of people bought into the myth that Delladova "locked him down."

But Iggy “held” LeBron to 35, 13 and 9 in that series...

The way you all talk about the barbershop set in here, I’m starting to get the impression they’re a bit misinformed in there - at least about basketball. It’s kind of disappointing...

What do they talk about at your barbershop? Politics, Top 5 golfers and who has the better racquet ball swing?

I love the barbershop. It’s the soul of the game. Think there should def be a balance between the blog/barbershop in the basketball space. The barbershop knows. There are truths in basketball that can’t be measured that the barbershop gets right. Heart, toughness, know how, clutch, “dawg in you”, and stereotypes have truth to them and are real things.....that said...the barbershop is also a place that romanticizes the past, rejects nuance, is close minded, hero ball loving, anti-analytics, beholden to archetypes, and full of hyperbole and back in my day-ness and bitterness.

Ying n yang. Full on blog-boy’ery is also a strange place. That’s the hipsters that started watching basketball in 2012 at age 26 and crush numbers all day, turning the game into soulless, condescending money-ball/math.

When you fully understand the two and take from each...basketball enlightenment!

Barbershop>>>>

Look at how all the civil blog boy discussions go in here.

-Player x is posting such and such advanced stats
-Mm hmm. That's what the numbers say
-Mm hmm. Can't argue the numbers
-Mm hmm

This thread would be dry AF if we let the blog boys have their way

Barbershop>>>>

Look at how all the civil blog boy discussions go in here.

-Player x is posting such and such advanced stats
-Mm hmm. That's what the numbers say
-Mm hmm. Can't argue the numbers
-Mm hmm

This thread would be dry AF if we let the blog boys have their way

To parallel to an earlier conversation, the barbershop is like content/takes you’d get from ESPN or MTV and blog boyz are like content/(informed) takes you’d get from reputable online sites/pods or Spotify/Apple Music

I still cannot believe this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom