**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
logo-slam.png

“If we play defense like that, we can win the title,” guard Austin Rivers said. “That’s what we believe around here.”

The Rockets have had the NBA’s second-best defense since the All-Star break, posting a 105.3 defensive rating.

“It’s not difficult, it’s not difficult at all,” Harden said of producing consistent defensive efforts. “I think since the break we’ve been top five in defensive. We have the ability to do it. We just have to do it.”

The Rockets switch on defense constantly, but the Nuggets weren’t able to exploit any mismatch with Nikola Jokic on Harden. Harden, who finished with 38 points in 32 minutes, has always been an elite post defender, using his strength and size to hold off bigger players, and his excellent hands and instincts to be disruptive.

“James switches on all the bigs,” Chris Paul said. “Every night. He’s been doing that all season long so it ain’t no surprise for us.”

How do you feel about it?
I don’t think the NBA would have done anything if these people were black, because the players wouldn’t make a big deal about it

I’ve been to staples many times and witnessed black men call players BAN
and vaginas etc even heard them say they smashed they chick (Wesley Johnson) and players just smile and nod...

I wanna see the NBA ban a black person if they really mean what they say, otherwise they basically saying it’s ok for blacks to disrespect each other cause it’s “culture”

I don’t think the NBA would have done anything if these people were black, because the players wouldn’t make a big deal about it

I’ve been to staples many times and witnessed black men call players BAN
and vaginas etc even heard them say they smashed they chick (Wesley Johnson) and players just smile and nod...

I wanna see the NBA ban a black person if they really mean what they say, otherwise they basically saying it’s ok for blacks to disrespect each other cause it’s “culture”
So you are asserting that someone Black using the Nword is equal to someone white using the slur, correct?

The NBA should view it as such if we banning fans for verbal abuse of players.
So you are stating that Black people using the Nword is exactly the same as when someone white uses the slur, this is what you are saying.

All I’m saying is if a black man is on camera calling KD a BAN or to get on his knees is the NBA going to ban him?

All I’m saying is if a black man is on camera calling KD a BAN or to get on his knees is the NBA going to ban him?
Probably not. As a black person im used to black people calling me a BAN. a white dude not so much.

Idk where you are going with this

So you are stating that Black people using the Nword is exactly the same as when someone white uses the slur, this is what you are saying.
No I’m not saying that

I’m saying the NBA should view it as such otherwise it’s going to become a topic in the future since “white” fans are now being banned

Probably not. As a black person im used to black people calling me a BAN. a white dude not so much.

Idk where you are going with this
Why wouldn’t they?

So it would be ok for a black dude to tell KD to get on his knees?

How would Adam Silver explain that, when u just banned a fan in Utah for saying the same thing?

As a black person im used to black people calling me a BAN.
Exactly my point it’s our “ culture”
But the NBA can’t have that mindset, basically u saying Black people are used to disrespecting each other so that’s why the fan didn’t get banned

Exactly my point it’s our “ culture”
But the NBA can’t have that mindset, basically u saying Black people are used to disrespecting each other so that’s why the fan didn’t get banned
I just feel like most players aren’t gonna be offended if someone black calls them a BAN but if toby is out here calling me the N word, it’s gonna be a problem.

Meh I’m not saying it’s right but that’s just the way it is.

No I’m not saying that

I’m saying the NBA should view it as such otherwise it’s going to become a topic in the future since “white” fans are now being banned
lol, I am not about to educate you. If you want to debate the merits of your argument, we can take it to the proper discussion. However what you are suggesting is that if a white person called Black people the nword, that it is equal to that of a Black person saying the same thing. I knew that the collective IQ was a bit low in this thread due to those who attempt to control it, but this is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom