**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly it depends on what the rest of the East looks like. KD+Kyrie is the best duo in the East from jump. MIL could lose Middleton, Brook, and Mitotic, PHI is likely losing Butler, TOR is likely still going to lose Kawhi. There's a lot of moving parts, Knicks def have a chance to go from worst to first even if they "only" get KD & Kyrie.

We'll have all our exceptions to use, too so I'm sure we could add a couple other good rotation players. Plus Robinson, Knox, Trier, Dotson, etc.

Then the eventual vet minimum guys.

Honestly it depends on what the rest of the East looks like. KD+Kyrie is the best duo in the East from jump. MIL could lose Middleton, Brook, and Mitotic, PHI is likely losing Butler, TOR is likely still going to lose Kawhi. There's a lot of moving parts, Knicks def have a chance to go from worst to first even if they "only" get KD & Kyrie.
Philly losing Butler might actually help lol

I might have to stop listening to these basketball podcast more & more ridiculous things by the day... Listening to the Ringer NBA show yesterday & there having the discussion of whether Lebron has been dethroned of the best player in the league (Been Happened). But they went on to say if they need one Game it's still him.

If it's one season they say Giannis or Harden......... The disrespect to Kd & Steph is utterly ridiculous... Let's Erase all Kd's done since getting to the Warriors

KD pre Warriors>>>>>>>>> Anything Giannis has done or proven yet, how does he suddenlt leap frog past Two former MVP's who are still in their prime. This is what i be talking about when i say i hate the hype for the "next" thing.

As far as Harden being above KD or Steph for best in the league Honors.......

tumblr_nebgfiJYdf1qehu0oo3_250.gif

Bucks can open up a max slot by getting rid of Middleton and Bledsoe which I’m hoping for. But if there’s nothing I expect them to keep everyone we already have.

You and BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE both right...I worked in a couple engineering depts and they def werent the spots on campus that was poppin for the ho's :lol: ...Also know it goes down at the national conferences when they all get together from across the country and get lit after the sessions during the day :evil:
Lit then entire conference lol I've heard/seen some things

Something to remember with KD this summer is that he can always opt in and request a trade. So his destinations aren't limited to teams with cap space.

KD x Giannis would be so ******* nasty.

20 minutes :lol:

This is such a joke. Gotta have him out there jogging around, not trying, and wasting everyone's time though. Much better than just ending this sham.

Even by NBA standards, Anthony Davis suiting up for a game against the Lakers on national television is quite the farce.

Davis hasn’t played in the fourth quarter of an NBA game in over a month. This is not for lack of need, but lack of want. The Pelicans are obligated to play Davis (“League rules made it clear Anthony has to play,” interim general manager Danny Ferry told reporters last week), but not to finish games with him, leaving both team and player in an awkward middle ground where neither’s interests are served. In some compromises, both parties lose. Davis has so little to gain from playing at half-speed for 20 minutes a game, and yet that is exactly what he has come to do.

When fully engaged, Davis is a game-changing force on nearly every possession. If less inclined, he somehow disappears from view, observing from afar as Julius Randle goes to work. One of the league’s best rebounders will now only shrug at any missed shot that doesn’t fall directly into his zone. It is impossible to see his play as anything other than a series of business decisions. The sole directive of his 20-25 minutes is to avoid injury—and understandably so. Everything else comes secondary.

Who, exactly, does this serve? If Davis actually wants to play, he rarely shows it. The Pelicans, for a variety of reasons, would be better off not playing him. Fans in New Orleans and elsewhere aren’t buying tickets to watch one of the best players in the league stroll through his time on the court. Davis can sleepwalk his way to 15 points and eight rebounds because he’s Anthony freaking Davis, but don’t mistake that kind of per-minute production for actual investment. Davis is logging minutes for a team he requested to leave long after he thought he’d be gone. The NBA is and will always be a business. No player in the league illustrates that more clearly than Davis, whose fascinating, explosive game has been reduced to punching a clock.

https://amp.si.com/nba/2019/02/27/anthony-davis-pelicans-lakers-lebron-james-trade-rumors-aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom