**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peeped the strength of schedule chart a page back and all I gotta say is how did Portland become blessed with a cupcake March/April schedule :sick::smh:

I'm surprised so many ppl sleepin on the bucks to make the finals.

I wonder why.

They have Giannis. They have the number one team in the league.

We're getting somewhere here :nthat:

I could care less about Simmons. He definitely has some trash opinions, but so do former players and other folks, so I'm not really sure what the criteria should be for a qualified voter.

Once it gets past the starting lineup, it seems like Denver has a lot of guys on the same tier. They'll just play everybody and see who gets hot once they get to the bench and figure it out from there.

PG with the halfcourt shot. MVP :pimp:

This isn’t an apples to apples comparison ( I know how NT gets when it isn’t... dudes start twitching and rubbing their palms together)...

But a sommolier is tested and proven and sits atop the Wine game. There’s like under 200 of them the last time I checked. It’s an exclusive group, a talented group with a very specific skill set and they know their s***t, right?

You’re not gonna walk into a winery in Napa and tell a sommolier about wine.

Nba guys are an exclusive and talented group with a very specific skill set and it’s not easy to get where they are.

Why are guys like Simmons allowed to have their opinions carry sooooo much weight?

Given that bias is a variable you can’t eliminate , the vote should probably be limited to hall of famers or at least former all stars. Retired coaches should probably have a say as well. Guys that know what it takes. See the work put in or have put it in themselves at some point.

I’m not sure if Bill Plascke still has an MVP vote but it kills me that there are a bunch of hack jobs like him deciding this stuff.

This isn’t an apples to apples comparison ( I know how NT gets when it isn’t... dudes start twitching and rubbing their palms together)...

But a sommolier is tested and proven and sits atop the Wine game. There’s like under 200 of them the last time I checked. It’s an exclusive group, a talented group with a very specific skill set and they know their s***t, right?

You’re not gonna walk into a winery in Napa and tell a sommolier about wine.

Nba guys are an exclusive and talented group with a very specific skill set and it’s not easy to get where they are.

Why are guys like Simmons allowed to have their opinions carry sooooo much weight?

Given that bias is a variable you can’t eliminate , the vote should probably be limited to hall of famers or at least former all stars. Retired coaches should probably have a say as well. Guys that know what it takes. See the work put in or have put it in themselves at some point.

I’m not sure if Bill Plascke still has an MVP vote but it kills me that there are a bunch of hack jobs like him deciding this stuff.
I'm with it. I like where you took this.

But....

Wouldn't the HOF/All-Star voters actually be the vineyards/wineries and not the sommolier(s)?

I'm with it. I like where you took this.

But....

Wouldn't the HOF/All-Star voters actually be the vineyards/wineries and not the sommolier(s)?

Touché... but there really isn't a better way to get Simmons out the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom