OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Honestly if they land Richardson they’d be better off. Beck isn’t as good of a fit for that offense as Richardson is

Definitely didn't think he fit in Mullen's offense, but Richardson is further away as a passer. Will be interesting to see for sure.

Is Mike trolling? Dan was the coach there a year ago, of course all of the draft eligible Mississippi State players are going to be "Mullen finds"

I love recruiting twitter. The moment Georgia signed Beck Gator fans started chiming in saying stuff like "Georgia paid him" or "he's gonna transfer after a year anyway" and my all-time favorite "we didn't want him anyway".

I just love this stuff man. :lol:

System fit + Fromm gone after this year with no one behind him. I assume Georgia paying everybody now though too :lol:. Not the wrong approach.

System fit + Fromm gone after this year with no one behind him. I assume Georgia paying everybody now though too :lol:. Not the wrong approach.

No established starter after Fromm but we flipped that 4-star dual threat kid, Dwan Mathis. He talented but raw. He enrolled early and unless Fromm gets hurt, Mathis will likely to redshirt this season. It'll be a Mathis vs. Beck battle in 2020 and I see the loser of that battle transferring.

No established starter after Fromm but we flipped that 4-star dual threat kid, Dwan Mathis. He talented but raw. He enrolled early and unless Fromm gets hurt, Mathis will likely to redshirt this season. It'll be a Mathis vs. Beck battle in 2020 and I see the loser of that battle transferring.
If Beck is as advertised, then he's starting.

Had no faith that the NCAA was going to approve that waiver, not that they should have needed one to move a coach in the first place.

DK was his RC at USF and UO, that's the role he wanted him in most when he got here but opted to ask him to come on field last year once Dugans said no.

Bama gonna land the Bryce Young kid?

Last edited:
DK was his RC at USF and UO, that's the role he wanted him in most when he got here but opted to ask him to come on field last year once Dugans said no
Is he that bad of a WR coach where they'd be better off with Dugans and being down a DB coach?

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis i don’t understand. NCAA isn’t letting them have him in the role FSU wants?
He was the WR coach. You can't hire someone as an on field coach and then move them off field until they've spent two years on field. Assuming it's to prevent people from hiring HS coaches or 7 on 7 coaches to get players and then moving them off field later.

Is he that bad of a WR coach where they'd be better off with Dugans and being down a DB coach?

No, not at all. WR coaching & DK was towards the bottom of the issues that the team had. Dugans is just a guy that WT always wanted on the staff and really felt would be a good fit for what he wants. He's pretty much trying to put together the offensive staff that he wanted to put together when he first came aboard (it seems), but in no way was the admin going to give Briles the go ahead last year.

And they're not really down a DB coach, the defensive coaches who coached last year are the same ones that are coaching this year. Just would have been nice to be able to have an additional coach there helping out w/ one of the bigger segs (either DB or DL, I much would have preferred DB). Imbalanced coaching staff numerically which of course is not the best allocation of resources but at this point it is what it is and you just move forward. Next year you can get back to the 5 offensive and 5 defensive coaches, but if you don't fix your O it'll all be for naught because you won't be able to see it through

Back
Top Bottom