OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

It can't be what Lincoln's done with Baker and Kyler, right? Feel like it's gonna look crazy different.

You wouldn't think so, but who knows. Lincoln will certainly tailor it to his strengths but he does like to chuck it around the lot

Very interested to see how that OU offense looks w/ Hurts at the helm

Probably something similar to what TCU did with Boykin.

They already started doing some of the more advanced QB run stuff with Kyler last season, and stuff like QB power, QB counter, bash etc., fit in well with their current blocking scheme.

Last edited:
From what I've come across, it seems like Beck was waiting for Clemson / UGA to go all in on him. If they ever decided to do so they would have immediately leaped to the front of his wishlist. And in the event that they didn't, UF would have landed him. But Clemson is on the Cali kid and Beck saw the writing on the wall with that. Good job by Kirby and Co getting in there and locking that up quick

He had recently named Florida the leader in his recruiting process, but that all changed when he took a visit to Athens.

“I had obviously named Florida my leader,” he said. “I put that out there to say ‘hey, this is the team coming at me the hardest. This is the team where I can see myself at.’ But also, I kind of had two schools at the back of my head, one of them being Georgia, where, if I got that offer, I would pause for a second and say ‘OK, hold on a second, I’ve got to pause and take this in.’ I took a visit up there (to Athens) and it was absolutely awesome and everything I expected.”

Since his commitment I've seen people say the other school was Stanford, but idk about that. I think it's Clemson but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day lol. For max Chaos i'd be interested to see if it was indeed Stanford and if they end up offering

Last edited:
Did you donate to Olson, nako xl nako xl

Nah I’m a broke boy. I donate fairly regularly to Sloan though so I feel ok about it.

Harrell said something along the lines of “what guys like me and Lincoln Reilly run isn’t a true air raid and has a lot more in common with the west coast than people discuss. I’d call our offenses ‘spreads’ more than ‘air raids’ because the goal is to open up the run too.” [paraphrased]

He's right. At this point those Holgoraid derivatives should be considered their own thing.

Leach is the only guy running that OG Mumme Air Raid now.

How bad is this LB class, I would consider taking some of these safeties and moving them to LBer

Last edited:

There's been some talk of Abram and Rapp moving to LB, but Abram ran well enough that most teams are probably going to just look at him as a S.

Not a S, but Josh Allen could be used in a similar role that Anthony Barr plays for the Vikings. There's always the debate though of whether being a Swiss army knife is more valuable than just being a plus edge rusher for a team.

He might have to wait for something like the AAF to get a shot but I'm a big fan of Sutton Smith. He's basically a poor mans Haason Reddick. It's crazy Haason went in the first last year, and Smith might not even get picked on day 3. I wish he would have transferred to a P5 this season and balled out instead of coming out early.

Back
Top Bottom