**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

I see everyone is super high on Zeke where people are even taking him #1

crazy

Full-point PPR. Who ya think I'll have a shot at with that snake? Talk me off the ledge.

Fournette, Melvin gordon, michael Thomas, dalvin cook, devante Adam's, aj green, mike evans, Keenan Allen. You will have plenty of options, I wouldnt worry about that.

I think Kyle Rudolph might be the move for TE this year with Cousins as his QB

Cousins loves TE’s so much it didn’t matter who the **** was there each week :lol: dude had Niles Paul and Vernon Davis balling out whenever they stepped up to the plate

I think Kyle Rudolph might be the move for TE this year with Cousins as his QB

Cousins loves TE’s so much it didn’t matter who the **** was there each week :lol: dude had Niles Paul and Vernon Davis balling out whenever they stepped up to the plate

Thats a fair point as well. Last year Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis combined for 104 targets (mostly due to reed being hurt most the season) which would have put them in the top 4 of TEs in terms of targets. Rudolph may be a solid play. He only had 80 targets last year so he may get a nice bump and he is a redzone stud.

A late round, get-the-draft-over-with pick for me will be Jonathan Stewart. I'm looking for him to vulture Barkley a lot :lol: .

A late round, get-the-draft-over-with pick for me will be Jonathan Stewart. I'm looking for him to vulture Barkley a lot :lol: .

I'd rather take a risk on CJ Anderson, Chris Carson, Devonte Booker, and Aaron Jones with those later picks.

At least right now it sounds like from local beat writers the Broncos and Seahawks backfield is up for grabs.

Last edited:
I loved Chris Carson last year but I don’t see him getting much run this year with the Seahawks drafting a RB in the first round. Pete Carroll has been weird as **** with that backfield ever since Marshawn left.

I loved Chris Carson last year but I don’t see him getting much run this year with the Seahawks drafting a RB in the first round. Pete Carroll has been weird as **** with that backfield ever since Marshawn left.

That's what I originally thought too until I read this:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...000-yard-rusher-in-2018-will-they-blitz-more/

And honestly I don't think its that unheard of to think he would start if he was healthy. He won the backfield last year and was the only one who was effective behind that ****** line. I don't know if they want to throw their first pick to the wolves right off the bat. If he does get the starting nod, he is getting drafted around 150 so the risk reward would be worth it even if he only started for like 3 or 4 games.

any of you guys do -1 for missed FG/PAT?

or just PAT?

my league has all other standard rules, .5 PPR. 4pt TD for QB

no bonus crap or anything. Just wanted to try and add something new, we almost eliminated kickers last year but I kinda feel like thats weird. Wanna keep the league kinda normal but kick it up a notch

or just PAT?

no bonus crap or anything. Just wanted to try and add something new, we almost eliminated kickers last year but I kinda feel like thats weird. Wanna keep the league kinda normal but kick it up a notch

Yeah, we do -1 for missed FG and -1 for field goals missed between 10-19 yards

or just PAT?

Definitely. You penalize INTs, fumbles, etc so why not missed kicks?

We do -3 for missed extra points and anything under 40 yards. -2 for 40-49 yards, -1 for 50+ yards.

Definitely. You penalize INTs, fumbles, etc so why not missed kicks?

We do -3 for missed extra points and anything under 40 yards. -2 for 40-49 yards, -1 for 50+ yards.

-3 for missed extra points?

You crazy as hell :lol: I would be so heated

-3 for missed extra points?

You crazy as hell :lol: I would be so heated
It's a holdover from when they were only like 15 yards or whatever :lol:. Missing the easiest kick gives you the biggest penalty. They're not as easy anymore but everyone was cool with keeping it so we just let it rock :lol:.

What are some good options for keeping people engaged in the league throughout the whole season so that dudes don’t start tanking once their team starts losing a bunch of games? I hate having people that either start barely changing their lineup once they’re basically eliminated from playoff contention or don’t even wanna make any trades or pickup anybody off waivers once it’s apparent their team sucks.

I know some leagues will make it where last place has to buy dinner for the whole league or last place has to get a tattoo...but I feel like the dudes in my main league are all too cheap to agree to either of those.

What are some good options for keeping people engaged in the league throughout the whole season so that dudes don’t start tanking once their team starts losing a bunch of games? I hate having people that either start barely changing their lineup once they’re basically eliminated from playoff contention or don’t even wanna make any trades or pickup anybody off waivers once it’s apparent their team sucks.

I know some leagues will make it where last place has to buy dinner for the whole league or last place has to get a tattoo...but I feel like the dudes in my main league are all too cheap to agree to either of those.

We are making ours a punishment league. We are all pretty good friends so we decided that whoever loses has to take twice the recommended dose of x-lax before we go to the bars

we do a weekly bounty to keep everyone engaged. the team that scores the most points that week will win X amount of money from the pot. with bye weeks and injuries, anyone can pretty much have the highest score on random weeks so it makes every team want to do their best even if they're out of the playoffs

We are making ours a punishment league. We are all pretty good friends so we decided that whoever loses has to take twice the recommended dose of x-lax before we go to the bars

Oh **** :rofl: that's a savage one.

My league this year is definitely going to have a punishment for last place. Just have to think what we can do.

I've been in punishment leagues but dudes still just chalk up their seasons sometimes :lol:. What we do in my keeper league is a separate "tournament" for the teams that don't make the playoffs. The order of standings in that tourney is the draft order for the next season.

we do a weekly bounty to keep everyone engaged. the team that scores the most points that week will win X amount of money from the pot. with bye weeks and injuries, anyone can pretty much have the highest score on random weeks so it makes every team want to do their best even if they're out of the playoffs

How much do you guys do per week with that? It’s $100 buy-in for my league and I don’t think people would wanna do something like that out of the pot cause it would shrink down the winnings for the championship too much. Maybe doing most points in a single week would work, but if somebody’s team reallllly sucks they might still not care.

My league is $100 buy-in. This year, we are thinking of having the FAAB be $100 real dollars as well. That extra $ will go towards either the league-winner pot or most points at end of regular season. It adds some more strategy to the FAAB approach because you'll see how quickly dudes won't be willing to grab a waiver player every week since it's real cash being used.

Back
Top Bottom