**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

My league is $100 buy-in. This year, we are thinking of having the FAAB be $100 real dollars as well. That extra $ will go towards either the league-winner pot or most points at end of regular season. It adds some more strategy to the FAAB approach because you'll see how quickly dudes won't be willing to grab a waiver player every week since it's real cash being used.
We do $100 FAAB budget as well. The first $50 is fake, the last $50 is real. It's the same tight *** dudes every year who start getting mad frugal once they close in on that real $50 :lol:.

Need some advice. So my league is a keeper league. My keeper, is Deshaun Watson which will be my designated 6th round pick. I am picking 10th overall, snake. Just got 2 trade offers for Watson.

1st trade:
I swap first rounders with the owner that has #1 overall. He gets my #10 and Watson as his 6th rounder. Gurley is already a keeper, but everyone else is basically available.

2nd trade:
Me & the person picking #2 overall swap our 3rd and 5th round picks. I get #26 and #50 overall giving up #34 and #58.

What would you do? Trade #1, #2 or retain Watson and stay put. Both want to get the deal done ASAP.

I sent him a counter (deal #1).

Swap 1st’s (me moving from 10 to 1) & we also swap 5th’s and he keeps Watson as his 6th (leaves me without a keeper).

Le’Veon is too good to pass up on. Planning on Bell at #1 then Cook at #15.

Just did a bunch of mock drafts and while I tried to change things up I kept getting similar teams. Gotta break this unknown favoritism embedded in my mind

Do mock drafts even help? I haven't done many and I've finished even less...It usually seems just to be a joke and completely unrealistic.

Need some advice. So my league is a keeper league. My keeper, is Deshaun Watson which will be my designated 6th round pick. I am picking 10th overall, snake. Just got 2 trade offers for Watson.

1st trade:
I swap first rounders with the owner that has #1 overall. He gets my #10 and Watson as his 6th rounder. Gurley is already a keeper, but everyone else is basically available.

2nd trade:
Me & the person picking #2 overall swap our 3rd and 5th round picks. I get #26 and #50 overall giving up #34 and #58.

What would you do? Trade #1, #2 or retain Watson and stay put. Both want to get the deal done ASAP.

Stand pat. The 1st trade, the other guy wins. He gets a keeper QB and still has a 1st round pick. The #1 overall isn't that appealing in comparison to Watson and the #10. I don't see an incentive for you doing this deal now, even if you end up trading Watson.

How much do you guys do per week with that? It’s $100 buy-in for my league and I don’t think people would wanna do something like that out of the pot cause it would shrink down the winnings for the championship too much. Maybe doing most points in a single week would work, but if somebody’s team reallllly sucks they might still not care.

we play PPR so pretty much any team can do well honestly. it was $50 buy in for everyone (12 team) so pot was 600. we did $10 a week for 15 weeks so pot at the end was 450 (the finalists will decide how they want to split the pot) so it was good cause I won top score 4 weeks out of 15 so i pretty much got my money back. People who were out of the playoffs were still able to win some money back. the bounty depends on what your group wants to do honestly

How many of you guys have won championships drafting qbs late? For a few years I was picking Brady in the third to fourth round then decided last year to draft a qb late. I felt like my team lacked consistency last year with out bradys 20 to 25 points each week. I had a few weeks where cousins got me 12 to 15 points and I felt like it cost me.

I've never drafted a QB before like round 10 unless it was a 2QB league.

A few years back I actually streamed QBs for the second half of a season and through the playoffs in one league. Pretty sure Johnny Manziel got me a 0 and I still won the championship :lol:.

Who do ya plan to target? And define 'late'.

To be honest I never target qbs i just see what available each round I consider late after rounds 8/9.
If I were to say maybe guys I may see after those rounds rivers, luck, stafford, ryan, goff, mariota, and carr.
Luck and ryan can be steals at their adp.
I always like to build depth around my team wrs and rbs because they are more prone to injuries and are trade bait!

How many of you guys have won championships drafting qbs late? For a few years I was picking Brady in the third to fourth round then decided last year to draft a qb late. I felt like my team lacked consistency last year with out bradys 20 to 25 points each week. I had a few weeks where cousins got me 12 to 15 points and I felt like it cost me.

I have one 5 times with taking qbs late.
The earliest I have took a qb was 3rd round and I didnt like my team it was Arod btw!

Also I have learned rookie qbs never get drafted and some surprise and are waiver pick ups that can contribute well every year!

I have bad luck with QBs

I think I drafted Dalton in ever league last year, ended up scooping Wentz in two leagues and Dak in my main league when Dak was killing it most of the season.

Thank god, dude who dropped him had like 3 QB and was obsessed with Wentz so he dropped Dak for Wentz. that def saved me

only got 2nd place tho :frown:

Told myself I was retiring, but got that invite from the NT league I've won back to back years today

orig.gif

definitely do not draft QB early. every year i take a QB in rd 10 or later. ended up with carr during his mvp like season 2 years ago (made finals), had wentz and blake bortles take me to the finals last year as well.

The only year i drafted a QB early was andrew luck a few years ago in the 3rd...never again :frown:

this year my late targets are matt ryan, luck, mariota, trubisky, alex smith, or eli manning

Back
Top Bottom