OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well why not just fire him now and save themselves the national embarrassment in case A&M does beat LSU?
i dont think there will be any backlash from people saying he should be retained if they happened to beat LSU.

At this point, I gotta imagine only the Sumlin family wants him to keep that job.

Well why not just fire him now and save themselves the national embarrassment in case A&M does beat LSU?
National embarrassment? Really?

There's literally no benefit to firing a coach midseason. None. So why do it?

there’s no benefit to keeping a lame duck coach either.

i just refuse to believe they they’re going to pay sumlin’s buyout, pay jimbo’s buyout then give jimbo 10 mil a year. especially when i just read they’re still paying off the debt from
kyle field.

Sumlin going to go out like Neuheisel

rick-neuheisel-ucla1.jpg

there’s no benefit to keeping a lame duck coach either.

i just refuse to believe they they’re going to pay sumlin’s buyout, pay jimbo’s buyout then give jimbo 10 mil a year. especially when i just read they’re still paying off the debt from
kyle field.

Jimbo's buyout isn't THAT big all things considered. I think it's like 7M

Chip Kelly reportedly agreed to a deal with Florida but has a small window to back out, which is why the UCLA talks came about. Stunned Florida is allowing this. Whatever it takes to get their man i guess.

Big sticking point is UCLA's deal with UA. This seemed to be an issue since he;s close with Phil Knight.

i thought i read Jimbo's buyout was something silly like $25M?

His buyout is 40 million if FSU wants to fire him.

If he decides to leave on his own accord then he is responsible for paying all of the salaries for the remaining FSU coaches (all of whom are currently on 1-2 yr deals) so it would be around 7m or so

Get outta here with that nonsense.

A news article and reporters speculating a staff will be fired reflects poorly on A&M? "Texas A&M Plans to Fire Kevin Sumlin after LSU Game" EVERYBODY KNEW THAT ALREADY. It's been common knowledge since basically the UCLA game. Sumlin's personally been looking for a soft landing space for months now.

Scott Woodward said in July that another 8-4 season wasn't good enough. 1-11 against LSU and Bama isn't good enough. Not winning an SEC West home game over three seasons isn't good enough.

Is the athletic department supposed to come out right now and say no decision has been made? Should they have told Sumlin and staff already they were dead men walking?

It literally couldn't be more irrelevant. This **** shouldn't be a surprise and for them to whine in the media about being mistreated or misled is hysterical. Like... This **** is almost exactly why Sumlin and his staff are a group of losers. They're tone deaf and blame everything around them for their inability to succeed.

Yeah, totally normal conduct from TAMU to conduct themselves. No feathers ruffled.

TheMainShow_

Is UF going to finally hire Mullin if Frost decides he can't say no to Nebraska? The "why would Frost pick Nebraska over UF" reminds me a lot of the "why would Harbaugh pick Michigan over the NFL" sentiment.

Nebraska is not that BAD of a job, and it's home for him even if the fanbase has given **** he doesn't deserve since HS. Os is going to be hard to say no to.

Yeah, totally normal conduct from TAMU to conduct themselves. No feathers ruffled.

TheMainShow_
LOL players were also upset when Fran and Sherman got fired. I don't give enough of a **** about Georgia to follow their players on Twitter, but I'd be willing to bet there were several players upset about Richt getting fired. Same for that bum coach Florida just fired. Same for any school that's fired anybody in the social media age...

LOL players were also upset when Fran and Sherman got fired. I don't give enough of a **** about Georgia to follow their players on Twitter, but I'd be willing to bet there were several players upset about Richt getting fired. Same for that bum coach Florida just fired. Same for any school that's fired anybody in the social media age...

Keep Georgia out ya mouth toots

Been reading/hearing Kelly has an agreement with UF since last Saturday. People need to stop listening to that Tracy clown at 247 UCLA. Even if Kelly does end up signing with the bruins I’m confident Tracy has still been making up all his reports to date about sources saying Kelly is favoring them.

Honestly at this point I'd be surprised if he does pick UF over UCLA just a gut feeling.

I’m curious, anyone know the rules on a player dismissed from their team/school? Like in Jauan Jenkins’ case, does he have to sit out a year? Or is eligible to immediately hit the field next year?

Back
Top Bottom