OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
247's composite rankings says otherwise.

Just checked. He's right, UGA was #1 in '18 and #3 in '17 on 247. '16 class he just took over as HC, so that one doesn't really count. Still closed out with a #6 class though.

So stupid. What problem does this solve? The shirt under/below the bottom of the jersey look was fire too smh

Don't know why, but I've always been a fan of the backplate hanging out.

Last edited:
Richt was bringing in Top 10 classes every year. Y'all act like the man had 20th ranked classes.

Kirby brought in new energy, was already known as a good recruiter, and now throw in early success along with Dre noting the crazy in-state talent AND $$$. Plus, Florida, LSU, UF and UT undergoing coaching changes/being dumpster fires. And bag$.

Did I mention bags?

A Top 10 class nationally, but that's still only somewhere between 3rd-5th place in the SEC. That's unacceptable considering all the in-state talent his staffs consistently just let walk away without a fight. Richt was a pretty good national recruiter but he neglected the in-state kids and consistently was left at the altar on NSD so he'd give those schollies to some 3* kid no one else in the Power 5 wanted or grant them to walk-ons. No reason for Mark Richt to be here for 15 years with his background as a high-profile OC and QB coach and we have to settle for Hutson Mason, Joe Cox, Joe Tereshinski III, Greyson Lambert, Faton Bauta or Brice Ramsey as our starting QB's. I can't speak to what he's doing in Miami, but he and his staffs got VERY lazy at UGA...and on top of that wouldn't drop off any bags. FOH with that transparency **** CMR, if you ain't cheatin you ain't trying.

I will say that also speaks to how good of a coach he is because every 5 years we had a shot at the Natty even with our deficiency of talent in our 2-deep. So if he ever figures the recruiting part out and stop being scared of blowing teams out, the guy could really bring in some hardware.

Last edited:
A Top 10 class nationally, but that's still only somewhere between 3rd-5th place in the SEC. That's unacceptable considering all the in-state talent his staffs consistently just let walk away without a fight. Richt was a pretty good national recruiter but he neglected the in-state kids and consistently was left at the altar on NSD so he'd give those schollies to some 3* kid no one else in the Power 5 wanted or grant them to walk-ons. No reason for Mark Richt to be here for 15 years with his background as a high-profile OC and QB coach and we have to settle for Hutson Mason, Joe Cox, Joe Tereshinski III, Greyson Lambert, Faton Bauta or Brice Ramsey as our starting QB's. I can't speak to what he's doing in Miami, but he and his staffs got VERY lazy at UGA...and on top of that wouldn't drop off any bags. FOH with that transparency **** CMR, if you ain't cheatin you ain't trying.

I will say that also speaks to how good of a coach he is because every 5 years we had a shot at the Natty even with our deficiency of talent in our 2-deep. So if he ever figures the recruiting part out and stop being scared of blowing teams out, the guy could really bring in some hardware.

This. That's the difference between the SEC and other conferences. Look at Texas A&M, they had multiple top 10 classes but if you look at it, they were often still the 3rd or 4th most talented team in their division (LSU, Bama, Auburn) and it showed in the field. In the Big 10 or Big 12 a top 10 class means you've got the most talent in your conference, not the same thing in the SEC.

One if the biggest gripes Georgia fans had was Richts in-state recruiting. Georgia is behind only California, Texas and , Florida as far as in state talent goes and we don't have any in-state competition. We should be pulling in top 5 classes every year!

Richt would get top 10 classes but lose critical recruiting battles and bad overall talent evaluation (not recruiting Deshaun Watson til the last minute) and development. NFL Network had its top 100 players last year and UGA had the most players of any school yet we were winning 8-9 games. Ask any UGA fan, there are so many players that performed better in the NFL than they did in college.

Also, Kirby and his staff are relentless on the recruiting trail and totally transformed Georgia's recruiting organization.

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-ne...ck-sabans-process-game-changer-050129185.html

He doesn't care about if you're committed to another school. He's gonna keep recruiting you til you official sign. A year ago Brenton Cox, Adam Andersen and Justin Fields were solid commits to other schools and they all flipped. That's why I'm not trippin about Owen Pappoe's commitment to Auburn.

Last edited:
Get off me, I was tryin to speak it into existence :blush::lol:

Faton Bauta starting the 2015 Florida game was a blessing in disguise because that was the move that put the nail in Mark Richt's coffin at UGA. It didn't feel like we had an adult at the helm, it felt like Richt and his staff were just trying stuff just to try it at that stage.

I remember watching that game like :sick::sick::sick:

I’ll do you one better ....JACOB PARK ....they chose that bum over Watson

4_4847881.jpg

Back
Top Bottom