OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ManSitchoDumbassDown.gif

Any of y’all OSU fans and been to a home game? Trying to get tickets to the game against Michigan this year, but I’m curious if it’s like trying to get a limited release on NDC? :lol:

Just be ready to pay is all I’ll say :lol:

It’s a damn good atmosphere though, I’ve made the trip several times

Just be ready to pay is all I’ll say :lol:

It’s a damn good atmosphere though, I’ve made the trip several times

I’m hoping it won’t be too much of a struggle buying them when they release on Ticketmaster, but I refuse to pay reseller prices :lol:. Looking at the few on StubHub right now :sick:.

Four Davidson High School (Mobile, Alabama) football players have been suspended following an alleged hazing incident that left a freshman player battered and beaten with a broken arm in the middle of a locker room floor.

Rodney Kim Jr., a 14-year-old quarterback, suffered a broken arm, busted lip and bruises on his back after he was attacked after practice last week.

“He broke his radial bone in his forearm. His physician was able to realign his radial bone,” Mary Kim, Rodney's mother, told ABC News in an interview. “He’s been complaining of headaches so we took him to the hospital today, because we think he may have a concussion.”

In a leaked video captured by a cell phone, Kim appears to have been shoved to the locker room floor before being pounded by several players, punched and kicked for several seconds as a large group of teammates look on.

According to AL.com, the details from the incident are disturbing:

Kim's parents first learned of the incident after the video was sent to Kim's sister, ABC News reports.

In a written statement from the Mobile Police Department, Chief of Police Lawrence Battiste wrote, “The Mobile Police Department is aware of the incident that occurred at Davidson High School on April 27, 2018 where a 14-year-old male student was assaulted by several teammates in the locker room after practice. We are actively investigating to determine all individuals responsible for causing the student to sustain a broken arm injury.

"Today, we received the social media video post of the incident and it is being reviewed. Once the investigation has concluded, we will provide an update on those arrested and the charges.”

The injured freshman football player is expected to make a full recovery physically, but his mental state has been altered, his mother says. Those involved in the incident haven't yet been charged.

They od’d

fahqu001 fahqu001 hearing Jayden Daniels’s Mom likes UCLA a lot. They’re not one of his leaders right now but that’s definitely a pro for them over other schools.

fahqu001 fahqu001 hearing Jayden Daniels’s Mom likes UCLA a lot. They’re not one of his leaders right now but that’s definitely a pro for them over other schools.

Definitely seems like an exciting opportunity at UCLA with CK there. Also wouldn’t knock the kid for wanting to go to Oregon with his buddies and all their shiny facilities though either.

Recruiting can be fickle, so I guess we’ll get more clarity as the season marches on. For all we know, probably still ends up at USC.

Definitely seems like an exciting opportunity at UCLA with CK there. Also wouldn’t knock the kid for wanting to go to Oregon with his buddies and all their shiny facilities though either.

Recruiting can be fickle, so I guess we’ll get more clarity as the season marches on. For all we know, probably still ends up at USC.

The recruiting guy who said his mom likes UCLA is the top SC recruiting writer. He says as of right now (paraphrased) “Daniels is trending Oregon but SC is still his childhood favorite and the leader, but I’m talking to people now and his mom really likes UCLA. Don’t know if it’ll be enough but mom’s often win out in recruiting.”

In other words whoever drops off the biggest bag in December...

Greg McElroy: Auburn - along with Alabama, Clemson, Georgia - 'would've dusted' UCF in CFP

"If a national championship was on the line, Auburn would've played a whole heck of a lot better," McElroy said. "Just go watch the effort. Talk to the coaches. They may not want to tell you that.

"Getting those guys ready to play just after they got their heart ripped out (in the SEC title game) is really difficult."

"The Power 5 and Group of 5 are totally different," he explained. "The best Group of 5 is probably a middle-tier Power-5 team, or maybe middle- to upper-tier Power 5 team, depending on the season.

"The Group of 5's depth and talent in the trenches and length defensively ... They are not close to some of the teams actually contending for national championships."

"Alabama would dust (UCF)," he said. "So would Clemson. So would Georgia. So would all those teams. They would dust Central Florida if a national championship was on the line.

"And you know what? Auburn would to."
https://articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/greg_mcelroy_auburn_-_along_wi.amp

Cardo level hot take.

She's hilarious :lol:. Always thought she was someone younger pretending to be an old lady.
Bruh... Whoever it is is wild.
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 3.29.30 PM.png
Going hard at 247's Longhorn mods on Twitter, getting into it with Ag fans on their board about silly ****.

If it is an actual meemaw, she's a riot.

One of the most discussed aspects of Florida football since the coaching change was how the Strength and Conditioning Program was run by Mike Kent. What are your feelings?
“It was a joke. I love Mike Kent to death, one of the best people I have ever met. Great guy, but it was a joke. We didn't really lift anymore, we stretched. Under coach [Will] Muschampwe lifted heavy, Olympic style lifts. That's football weight lifting. We didn't lift for max or do heavy power lifting under [Jim McElwain] MAC and Kent. Our program wasn't a serious off-season program. There was no accountability. If you missed a workout, there was no you had to make it up or get up and run the next morning. If you missed a workout, you just missed it. They couldn't enforce anything, or they wouldn't, so they started making some things optional. Once you make it optional, what do you think is going to happen? Guys are going to take the option of not showing up.”

Why do you think it fell off so much from Muschamp to McElwain?
“I don't think Kent was ready for a job at this level. I know players at smaller schools that play football and there are some talented guys out there at lower levels, but the program as a whole isn't the same. The intensity isn't the same. It isn't like it's thought of as all fun and games at some other places, but when you get to the SEC, it's a job. It's a job and you are preparing for a bigger job [NFL] if you are talented and lucky enough to make it. If you don't take the off-season serious you don't have a chance when the season starts.

“That first year [2015] it really wasn't noticeable because a lot of our players carried over from coach Muschamp, but starting in that second year, I was as heavy, but I wasn't as strong. When we played teams like Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, we just looked small. I'm a pretty good size for my position, but I remember standing next to Lorenzo Carter and Roquan Smith [of Georgia] and saying to myself, 'Damn, these are some big *** dudes. What are they feeding them over there?' I remember when Roquan visited us in the summer when he was being recruited and he was skinny, and now he looked sculpted. You shouldn't be at Florida and feel intimidated by looking at other SEC players.”

Was it because the weightlifting program was that different?
“That and we have a non-traditional weight-room compared to other big football schools because everyone is in there. Soccer players, volleyball players, baseball, we all work out in the same place and it's not an excuse, but you can't have the same level of focus and intensity and be the way you want to be when all these other outsiders are around, especially females.

Last edited:
If UF passes, and OSU blocks Nebraska, Arkansas would be a nice place for Burrow. Morris needs to get off to a good start, and having a guy behind center that is at least competent would obviously help.

Back
Top Bottom