OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are there any decent games this weekend besides Wisconsin/Michigan?

UCLA at USC, could be interesting because of the Darnold-Rosen dynamic.

Navy at Notre Dame, and KSU at OKST could be interesting too. Something weird will probably happen, it always does on weeks like this.

Yet nobody faults Auburn, LSU, Florida or anybody else for firing a coach with better results than Sumlin. Seems kinda stupid to me, but what the hell do I know? (Note: Malzahn got back to the championship with a lot of Chizik's recruits; has LSU really done that much since Saban's recruits filtered out?; Florida after Meyer...). Where were those programs before hitting on a coach or two in the last 20-30ish years?

Gus was a factor in bringing all those guys in on that 13 team, and that 2011 LSU team was good enough to win a NC most years.

A&M shouldn't be faulted for firing Sumlin, just make sure the replacement your hiring is a better coach. Change for changes sake is how you end up like Nebraska.

UCLA at USC, could be interesting because of the Darnold-Rosen dynamic.

Navy at Notre Dame, and KSU at OKST could be interesting too. Something weird will probably happen, it always does on weeks like this.

You mean like Illinois shocking the world

Gus was a factor in bringing all those guys in on that 13 team, and that 2011 LSU team was good enough to win a NC most years.

A&M shouldn't be faulted for firing Sumlin, just make sure the replacement your hiring is a better coach. Change for changes sake is how you end up like Nebraska.

Was going to mention the Gus point about recruits, especially since he was their OC when they won the NC and was gone literally for a year before he returned. Personally, I think Gus should be able to stay, but if I was in his shoes, I'd probably jump over to Arkansas. Give those Arkansas and MSU guys a 10+ win season occasionally and they seem to be pretty content. Win a NC and you'd probably be considered a demigod. Look at Mullen at MSU. He's consider a winner and a great coach by some, but only has 1 10 win season in I think 9 years. Regardless, even though I like Kevin Sumlin the person, 1-11, or whatever he was against Alabama and LSU just ain't gonna cut it. But as you mentioned, some schools make change for change sake and they regress ... in some cases terribly.

Was going to mention the Gus point about recruits, especially since he was their OC when they won the NC and was gone literally for a year before he returned. Personally, I think Gus should be able to stay, but if I was in his shoes, I'd probably jump over to Arkansas. Give those Arkansas and MSU guys a 10+ win season occasionally and they seem to be pretty content. Win a NC and you'd probably be considered a demigod. Look at Mullen at MSU. He's consider a winner and a great coach by some, but only has 1 10 win season in I think 9 years. Regardless, even though I like Kevin Sumlin the person, 1-11, or whatever he was against Alabama and LSU just ain't gonna cut it. But as you mentioned, some schools make change for change sake and they regress ... in some cases terribly.

He's got a tough decision to make. Barn is probably the most irrational fan base in the country (they ran off Pat Dye fergodsakes) but if Stidham comes back he could have a really good team next year.

He's got a tough decision to make. Barn is probably the most irrational fan base in the country (they ran off Pat Dye fergodsakes) but if Stidham comes back he could have a really good team next year.

Yeah, I hear ya. As I mentioned previously, I'd jump ship. Auburn will love you for a few season, then turn on you at the drop of a hat. At Arkansas, he'd be home and I'm sure they'd be content with what Gus brings to the table. I could definitely seem him having some great seasons in Fayetteville.

USC’s 2018 schedule was released:

Sept. 1 – UNLV
Sept. 8 – at Stanford
Sept. 15 – at Texas
Sept. 21 (Fri.) – Washington State
Sept. 29 – at Arizona
BYE
Oct. 13 – Colorado
Oct. 20 – at Utah
Oct. 27 – Arizona State
Nov. 3 – at Oregon State
Nov. 10 – California
Nov. 17 – at UCLA
Nov. 24 – Notre Dame

They’ve been the only school to play 2 back to back road and Friday games in the Pac 12 and every school has lost those games (0-6.) Next year makes it back to back years they play Wazzu on Friday, albeit at home but after a tough OOC road game. Wazzu plays Eastern Washington at home the week prior.

Lol Pac12.

Last edited:
USC’s 2018 schedule was released:

Sept. 1 – UNLV
Sept. 8 – at Stanford
Sept. 15 – at Texas
Sept. 21 (Fri.) – Washington State
Sept. 29 – at Arizona
BYE
Oct. 13 – Colorado
Oct. 20 – at Utah
Oct. 27 – Arizona State
Nov. 3 – at Oregon State
Nov. 10 – California
Nov. 17 – at UCLA
Nov. 24 – Notre Dame

They’ve been the only school to play 2 back to back road and Friday games in the Pac 12 and every school has lost those games (0-6.) Next year makes it back to back years they play Wazzu on Friday, albeit at home but after a tough OOC road game. Wazzu plays Eastern Washington at home the week prior.

Lol Pac12.

USC is the only Pac 12 team without a home game or bye before their Thursday/Friday night game.

"It's actually a back-to-back-to-back trifecta -- at Stanford, at Texas and then home on a short week for Washington State in weeks 2-3-4. Amazing. And Washington State will be coming to USC that Friday off two straight weeks at home."

Texas and Notre dame also have home games, against Tulsa and Syracuse respectively, prior to USC. The Notre Dame game is 6 days before the conference championship. I don't even care if I sound like a homer, what the hell is the Pac 12 doing?? :lol:

I think Ohio State had a stretch of road night games this season too that pissed Urban off but nothing that bad

Back
Top Bottom