OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I swear Jimbos name is on every schools list every off season :lol: I heard the Wyoming-Tech school for the blind is pursuing him too

I could be completely wrong, but if he rebuffed LSU’s and UT’s advances, no way in hell is he going to TAMU IMO. Both jobs are better than TAMU. Makes no sense, don’t care whether his buddy is the AD or not. Besides, he doesn’t have many ties to Texas anyway. And why deal with Saban every season if you don’t have to either?

No. The TAMU **** is real.

He almost bolted for Texas before. Maybe the 2nd go round both sides go through with it.

Man, I seriously doubt it.

Oddly enough, my buddy works games for TAMU. He sent me a text on Sept 24th about a booster offering up $11M of his own money. Funny thing is, he’s really not even into football, which caught me off guard when he sent it. That was several weeks before I saw any sort of headline on sites/forums.

I really just don’t see him bolting. And if he does, well God bless him, the seats is gonna be hot if he can’t run the SEC West gauntlet with Saban within year 3 or so. Just doesn’t seem wise outside of the $8-$10M they’re probably willing to throw down. If they’re even putting that much out there.

Last edited:
A&M is gonna throw down a crazy *** contract for someone. And they’ll check every box one by one until someone says yes.

Tee Martin said today “UT hasn’t contacted me about the head coaching job. I’m just worried about the Bruins.”

Kinda convinces me someone reached out to him about something. Reggie McKenzie Sr. was at practice today...

Last edited:
Tee Martin update from an overnight usc recruiting podcast:

They’re certain Tee has been contacted by Tennessee boosters. (One of the hosts is married to a Tennessee sports person and says he’s heard that as well.) They’re trying to bring him back but it’s unclear in what capacity. The buzz around parents and other media people is that Gruden called him but it’s unconfirmed. Also stated it’s unlikely Tee would leave for another OC job as he has a lot of say on what goes on in his current gig and basically recruits whoever he wants. He’s also running the same Sarkiffin offense he designed with Clay, Lane and Sark and aside from letting Tyson call 3rd down plays, he hasn’t been forced to veer from what he wants to do. Doubtful he’d get that freedom elsewhere.

Tee also has head coaching offers from a lot of other schools (I know there was a Kentucky rumor earlier this year.) None of them are super attractive gigs but they’d be favorable to making a lateral OC move elsewhere.

The real fear in the program is that he leaves and takes support staff guys like Gavin Morris (maybe USC’s best recruiter) with him. USC currently has the 8th biggest support staff in the Pac12 and one of Tee’s (and Clay’s and Lynn Swann’s) gripes has been they feel the school is no longer interested in supporting the football team to be nationally competitive. This is one reason he suspects Tee could go.

From me: However there’s also an expectation that a lot of assistant coaches are leaving anyway after this year, so Tee could get the nominal Assistant Head Coach promotion.

Jeff Long Out As Arkansas AD

Jeff Long will not return as the Arkansas athletics director, according to multiple media reports and confirmed by SI.com's Bruce Feldman.

Long has been the AD at Arkansas since 2008 taking over from legendary figure Frank Broyles and previously headed the athletic department at Pittsburgh.

During Long's tenure at the school, he hired Bobby Petrino after his less than year–long stint with the Atlanta Falcons. Petrino was fired four years later after lying about his relationship with a staffer after a motorcycle accident.

Long then hired current coach Bret Bielema in 2013. Bielema has struggled in his time at the school and has a 29–32 record in his five seasons at the school including a 4–7 mark this year.

Bielema will always be cool with me.

Happy Chip is gonna be at UF. Had nightmares of him at UCLA. Keep him as far away as possible.

Peace out Tee.

How does Spurrier even know that Frost would take it?

He doesn’t. They were gonna wait on Frost, and if he fell through, then pursue Mullen but Tennessee coming open is accelerating everyone’s process. Kelly being interested and passing the vetting process seemed to be unexpected. I saw on 247 “they hadn’t seriously considered Kelly because they were afraid of what they’d find in a background check” whatever that means. Maybe the racism claims...

Get that USC degree Kenny! You aint playing at the next level

He'll be fine.

DofsRHS.gif

And what the **** has *****igan done in the last decade...Hell yall a couple of seasons away from 2-10 consistently cause we know that’s what yall use to..stop talking my guy..*****igan is the butthole of college football and no dumb *** high profile coach is going to change it.

Typical OSU trash that written this SMH

When is Bumlama bringing da goon squad aka the OLine to confront the AD at his house?

Are any FBS coaches known for being great coaches but sucky recruiters? It's usually the other way around and if a great coach doesn't get blue chip recruits, he's usually tabbed as someone who brings in "his guys." I don't know why I thought of this. :lol:

Are any FBS coaches known for being great coaches but sucky recruiters? It's usually the other way around and if a great coach doesn't get blue chip recruits, he's usually tabbed as someone who brings in "his guys." I don't know why I thought of this. :lol:

I'd say Gundy kinda falls under this

Back
Top Bottom