Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a fan of porter at all. I do think he won, but DSG was the better fighter in that fight. Cleaner shots and overall better timing. Porter is all 80% motor 20% skill. Spence gonna kill that man coming in like that. DSG looked legit hurt and upset, felt bad for my boy.

Where does Thurman fit in with these upcoming fights? Does Porter have knockout power?

Thurman wants to do 2 tune up fights before he takes on a high ranking opponent. As far as Porter, if he had knockout power he’d be Mike Tyson. Hardest punch he got is his head. Pause.

Maybe SSR is just one of these guys who leaves his opponents worse for wear after he fights them, but if JFE looks like that in the rematch he’s going to get splattered like Choco.

Not a fan of porter at all. I do think he won, but DSG was the better fighter in that fight. Cleaner shots and overall better timing. Porter is all 80% motor 20% skill. Spence gonna kill that man coming in like that. DSG looked legit hurt and upset, felt bad for my boy.

I’m not mad at Porter because he’s doing the best with what he has. He’s way more of an athlete than a skilled boxer, but at least in this fight he added some wrinkles to his game that surprised me. He’s working to improve, I can respect that.

Having said that he still has 0 power and wins matches on volume and being able to take a shot, which is gonna be all bad when he’s facing a dude like Spence. I think he’s getting knocked out.

And I don’t feel bad for Danny. Outboxed by Thurman, outworked by Porter, he just doesn’t have what it takes to be elite at 147, it is what it is. He should consider himself lucky anyway, he doesn’t have to get KOed by Spence now.

Danny lucky to only have 2 L’s he really should have 4

Danny literally got lucky that Khan had that title at the time and has a baby chin.

Khan was careless, he had that fight but just got caught.
Not taking anything away from Danny, but his claim to fame was Matthysse anything after that is meh.
He should've definitely taken that L against Herrera and that Peterson fight was questionable.

Sad part was that Danny knew what Porter was.
He trained for that and still failed.
He let Shawn get too close and smother him. He should've been working the jab and side stepping when Porter came in head first and wildly lunging.
He got worked. He let Shawn take ring generalship by staying more active and throwing a higher punch volume...although he didn't connect many he still looked more aggressive.
Although I did think the ref let them clinch excessively and would not break them up, this gave Porter an advantage as he would lean and bully Danny around, he would also let off 2-3 punches while clutched.
Danny just didn't fight a smart fight or follow thru with his plan.

I know we had talked about this here before but it looks like Danny might need to fight AB next just to stay relevant and stay on course for big money fights, ain't many options left for him other than to be a gatekeeper.
I don't even think my dude Khan would give him a rematch now :lol:

Khan was careless, he had that fight but just got caught.
Not taking anything away from Danny, but his claim to fame was Matthysse anything after that is meh.
He should've definitely taken that L against Herrera and that Peterson fight was questionable.

Sad part was that Danny knew what Porter was.
He trained for that and still failed.
He let Shawn get too close and smother him. He should've been working the jab and side stepping when Porter came in head first and wildly lunging.
He got worked. He let Shawn take ring generalship by staying more active and throwing a higher punch volume...although he didn't connect many he still looked more aggressive.
Although I did think the ref let them clinch excessively and would not break them up, this gave Porter an advantage as he would lean and bully Danny around, he would also let off 2-3 punches while clutched.
Danny just didn't fight a smart fight or follow thru with his plan.

I know we had talked about this here before but it looks like Danny might need to fight AB next just to stay relevant and stay on course for big money fights, ain't many options left for him other than to be a gatekeeper.
I don't even think my dude Khan would give him a rematch now :lol:

I agree on the Broner fight and a lot of other points.

:lol: the Khan rematch. Yeah Khan would def decline now. I always wondered how didnt Khan get a rematch for that or have a clause in the contract? that was weird.

The fact that Kell laid out the perfect blueprint for beating Porter (jab) and Garcia completely ignored it was frustrating for many of us in attendance.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I know you don't mean that.
Shawn didn't look too good against Granados and had AB had another round or two he might've finished Porter.

I'm not saying that they are not good or elite fighters, I'm just saying they're in that upper echelon/top level and they're just not good enough to beat the likes of Spence or Crawford.
Ain't nothing wrong with that, I just ain't trying to see these cats fight cab drivers and pass them off as serious contenders.
At this point they are what they are.

Damn Spence was ICED out last night. those checks must be nice

Cats was extra flamboyant yesterday, to the point it was flagrant.
Clown show from the Charlo's, Easter, Davis, AB & Spence.

ErrolSpenceJr

Looks like Crawford took exception to Errol popping off last night :evil::nthat:

Let that beef cook!!

Back
Top Bottom