Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today, which speaks to the problems in the way these guys are developed and promoted now.

Foreman retired the first time at 28 and already had a HOF worthy career, SRL's fight against Hagler was when he was 31, and could have and probably should have retired that night. Hagler wasn't much older that night at 32, and that actually was his last fight.

Hitman Hearns lost to Barkley the first time when he was 29, and that should have been his last fight realistically.
And all them dudes had to come back cause of $$$ it’s krazy how many hands be in a boxers pockets

Depends on if you're a boxer that depends on athleticism/reflexes or if you're a boxer more about technique. Prince Naseem was already past his peak by his late 20s when he fought barrera b/c his reflexes had slowed down and his fragile hands being broken a lot of times. He was all about reflexes and power. Roy Jones also was done by his mid 30s b/c of his reflexes slowing down. Floyd and B Hop types can be good in their 40s since they're more about technique

Adam Kownacki and Charles Martin was a great fight. But I don't see Adam Kownacki beating anyone in the top 10 of the HW division. NYer's do love him though. :rofl:

Most boxers hit their PRIME PRIME early to mid 30s. Your always learning when your boxing. Yea you can probably recover easier in your earlier years but most elite guys aren’t killing themselves to begin with. It’s not like UFC where most of their champions need to work day jobs. Boxing is as much mental as it is physical. I’m only referring to the highest level.

What ufc champion works a day job? Thisnot 20yrs ago

Depending on how the judges score this fight, I would say porter got the win from being more active

Back
Top Bottom