Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally never liked that narrative.

If Canelo was on his bike all night and just trying to land more jabs than GGG, then that narrative might apply. Just looking to “out point”.

But that wasn’t the case.

Ultimately the guy that wins more rounds is supposed to win the fight. So it just depends on who you saw winning more rounds.

Argument can probably be made for both in that sense.

I see a lot of people saying this was a clear win for GGG, I personally didnt see it that way. Either fighter could of have left victorious. A draw wasnt far fetch either.

One judge had it a draw. The other two seem to have been pressured to give the fight to someone, but of they would of have kept it 100% and gave that last round to GGG, it would of have been a draw by all three and that's what a few people here saw.

Screenshot_20180916-224917_Gallery.jpg

I love how cats really continue to discredit ggg jab.

That aint a typical jab. You can literally hear the thud on connect.

Canelo fought a hell of a fight but i still dint see how he won.

And i repped buddy who gave sweet p a shout out yes dlh robbed him

To me, GGG’s jab was causing Canelo to miss or hit gloves or arms.
I had GGG winning. Yea Canelo stood there in the middle of the ring. But imo GGG was always in control.

We were saying is that blood from canela or his dye from his hair. Lol
Instant classic fight thou. I will not pay for the 3rd fight.

Bivol wants to fight again in Dec, Badou Jack or Joe Smith Jr. freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I think his team will go with Smith rather than Jack right now what do you think.

Also I don't know if anyone else follows this last group of HWs from amateurs to Pros but 1 of this Croatian HW Hrgovic is 1 of the more promising ones just beat Amir Mansour heres some highlights

I think it was a draw but Canelo looked impressive. GGG look better than in the first fight but there were a number of times where it looked like he could have knocked Canelo out then didn't. Canelo is a great boxer.

First fight I could see how glovkin got robbed of a win. Second fight, I don’t see it as much and honestly do like the result. I know how you win a boxing match is to win more rounds than your openent. But as far as ring presence and throwing hands, I don’t thing a lot of people expected that from saul. Canelo also worked glovkins body and his age and fatigue sure started showing in the later round. I do agree that ggg jab is highly undervalued. AmaZing fights none the less.

Bivol wants to fight again in Dec, Badou Jack or Joe Smith Jr. freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I think his team will go with Smith rather than Jack right now what do you think.

Also I don't know if anyone else follows this last group of HWs from amateurs to Pros but 1 of this Croatian HW Hrgovic is 1 of the more promising ones just beat Amir Mansour heres some highlights

I also am not sure what his promotional situation is right now. But either way, the Smith fight should be the path of least resistance. Both fights present different elements and are just as interesting. Ultimately, we want to see Bivol vs E. Alvarez.

:lol:

Looks someone in the Garcia camp finally talked some sense into Mikey.
Not a smart move to move up in weight just to get killed by Spence.
Don't know why this doesn't get more traction but if Mikey is looking to take risks he might as well go see Loma.
If Mikey really felt that confident he could've beaten Linares I don't see why not take the risk and see Hi-Tech.....It's an L regardless. Spence or Loma pick your poison.

Now where does this put Spence? Straight to the Porter bout or does he take on another bum before that?

P.S. Really wanna see Teofimo Lopez vs Karlos Balderas

:lol:

Looks someone in the Garcia camp finally talked some sense into Mikey.
Not a smart move to move up in weight just to get killed by Spence.
Don't know why this doesn't get more traction but if Mikey is looking to take risks he might as well go see Loma.
If Mikey really felt that confident he could've beaten Linares I don't see why not take the risk and see Hi-Tech.....It's an L regardless. Spence or Loma pick your poison.

Now where does this put Spence? Straight to the Porter bout or does he take on another bum before that?

P.S. Really wanna see Teofimo Lopez vs Karlos Balderas

Bob's not going to give him that fight until he absolutely has to because of the bad blood, and there might be some network barriers involved. Mikey hasn't exactly been clear as to whether he signed a longterm deal with SHO or not.

Mikey's going to do what he wants but both his brother and his Dad are against the Spence fight. His Dad wants him to fight Pac.

Honestly I think Mikey is just running his mouth but we'll see. I'd like to see him fight Commey, Linares, and the winner of the WBSS next.

I love how cats really continue to discredit ggg jab.

That aint a typical jab. You can literally hear the thud on connect.

Canelo fought a hell of a fight but i still dint see how he won.

And i repped buddy who gave sweet p a shout out yes dlh robbed him

There were countless instances where a Golovkin jab did more damage than a Canelo “power” shot. GGG can beat you with just his jab. When he started landing his combos, we saw how much it hurt Canelo.

I could see 7-5 either way or a draw. So how is the result a robbery? I couldn't score it 8-4 in favor of either fighter. My guess is that people subconsciously scored the rounds when Canelo was rocked as a 10-8, even though there was no knockdown.

You cannot find 7 for Canelo. 5 is being generous. 6 would be a gift. 7 is a robbery.

First fight I could see how glovkin got robbed of a win. Second fight, I don’t see it as much and honestly do like the result. I know how you win a boxing match is to win more rounds than your openent. But as far as ring presence and throwing hands, I don’t thing a lot of people expected that from saul. Canelo also worked glovkins body and his age and fatigue sure started showing in the later round. I do agree that ggg jab is highly undervalued. AmaZing fights none the less.

Exceeding expectations and surprising with the style he fought doesn’t mean he should be awarded rounds. He did very well. Golovkin did better. For as aggressive as so many claim Canelo was, how often was GGG backed to the ropes? GGG used his superior footwork and jab to neutralize Canelo’s surprising aggresiveness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom