Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeing Canelo always getting favorable scoring from judges fight after fight just reminds me of Oscar u getting these against boxers that should've had Ws against him like Sweet Pea, Felix Sturm, Ike Quartey, even the split decision vs Floyd

Canelo basically can’t be beat in close fights due to whatever judges Oscar has in his pocket.

And it’s sad because Canelo actually fought a good fight last night. I had him winning through the 8th, GGG came on late, and I think GGG edged it because of the late rally. I can understand someone scoring it either way though.

But Canelo’s history of scorecards taints any decision he gets now, so any close decision he gets feels like some ********

His team probably couldn’t care less tho, Golden boy made a ton I’m sure. And Canelo took home 50 mil for the first fight so probably got another 50 mil last night. As long as he’s making everyone bread he’s gonna keep getting those decisions

Abel Sanchez told GGG he needed a KO in those late rounds and at the end of the fight he said he scored the fight a draw.

Maybe cause Abel knew the judges would be on some bs and wanted a non debatebale victory ? You don't fight for the draw you fight for the W.

Maybe cause Abel knew the judges would be on some bs and wanted a non debatebale victory ? You don't fight for the draw you fight for the W.
Everyone knew that after what happened last time. GGG told Canelo to not run, so Canelo stood there. Yet GGG didn't do better than last time. I don't view GGG as the victim here. He got what he wished for and couldn't capitalize.

Ggg fought the wrong fight the first half of the fight which is why I could see a draw or a 7-5 fight for either guy. I don't think Abel is a good trainer to be honest.

Everyone knew that after what happened last time. GGG told Canelo to not run, so Canelo stood there. Yet GGG didn't do better than last time. I don't view GGG as the victim here. He got what he wished for and couldn't capitalize.

Yeah gotta agree. GGG got the exact fight he wanted and still didn’t win clearly, it was a very close fight.

After watching it again...... eh.... I can see why someone would think Canelo won. They both really did just beat on each other for 12 rounds. Pretty impressive. Felt like both guys just threw all technicality out the window and fought. GGG never fought “his fight”.

why does he keep saying canelo is the smaller guy?

i know canelo has fought at catchweight of 154 most of the time but he also usually comes into those fight at 170-175 lbs and iirc, ggg usually stays at 160-165 because that's his walking weight

ggg is an inch taller but canelo looks bigger overall to me

did they say how much canelo weighed last night?

Looking forward to the replay on HBO next week. Thoroughly enjoyed the fight. Surprised to see so much bellyaching today. Fight seemed close to me but I was faded and wasn’t scoring round by round. Draw or 1 round for either fighter seemed fine.

I feel like the same was the case with the first fight but one outlandish scorecard really ****** everything up and set the tone for everything I’ve seen in the aftermath of the second fight.

Great, very close fight again. Would watch a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom