Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All im saying is he has yest to fight another big name fighter in his wieght class not at a catchweight.
His body may have grown however he was fighting other guys for the title at a catchweight.

You cant look at canelos resume and be impressed. This fight tonight changes that tho
I'm confused, you said he should've stayed at welterweight. That was not feasible because he even struggled to make weight at super welterweight. I wasn't debating about his resume.

Y'all don't think Saul tries to unify by facing BJS??

Done deal canelo gon be unified undisputed champ

I'm confused, you said he should've stayed at welterweight. That was not feasible because he even struggled to make weight at super welterweight. I wasn't debating about his resume.

I say he shouldve stayed at that weight class or as close to it as possible. Lets not pretend like he hasnt fought atleast 3 welterwights since 2010. He has literally been the king of catchweights since then. He should have worked to stay at the very least 154 to tempt spence crawford or any other top ww to atleast move up. This is the only reason floyd accepted the fight. He aint fighting canelo at 160, same reason why he didnt want to fight ggg

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer u think Derev can beat Jacobs as big as Jacobs is for the weight class? As far as Mungaia, I've been saying it for the last few fights that it makes sense for it to be Mungaia vs Trout next

Yea and what happened to both those guys they got counter punched and he gotem outta there.

Danny aint near as disciplined as trout and where is lara now.?
Jacobs will not outbox canelo, bet the house on it

He got who out of where? Bruh what :lol:

He arguably lost both fights but he got the type of decisions that he's known for getting now

And I don't even know how you decide that Danny isn't as disciplined as Trout. And what does Lara being anywhere now have to do with what happened when they fought? I'm not understanding any of the logic here

But anyway, unless Jacobs ages overnight Canelo ain't running through him. But you're entitled to your own opinion

He got who out of where? Bruh what :lol:

He arguably lost both fights but he got the type of decisions that he's known for getting now

And I don't even know how you decide that Danny isn't as disciplined as Trout. And what does Lara being anywhere now have to do with what happened when they fought? I'm not understanding any of the logic here

But anyway, unless Jacobs ages overnight Canelo ain't running through him. But you're entitled to your own opinion

Not sure what fight you watched trout lost that fight to canelo.showed well but got knocked down the 1st time in his career. Lara was on his bike all night and his jab aint as strong as GGG.

Lara and GGG were both guys that jacobs was willing to take risks with im the ring. I do not believe the magic man will fight at distance against canelo. Canelos counterpunching >jacobs leading and having to do so all fight long.

I dont believe jacobs poses an issue for canelo at all. My 2 cents

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer u think Derev can beat Jacobs as big as Jacobs is for the weight class? As far as Mungaia, I've been saying it for the last few fights that it makes sense for it to be Mungaia vs Trout next
I am favoring Derev more because Jacobs is over the hill IMO. I know Derev is a year older as far as actual age, but Jacobs has been in wars. If this fight was a couple years ago, I would've favored Jacobs.

Tonight was bad for boxing.

GGG won the fight. Yet it was close, but he was the champion and only Canelo was visibly hurt.

I give Canelo props for standing in there the first half, he was absolutely a warrior. But the second half GGG proved he is a superior boxer and unsurprisingly we saw how it played out.

Golovkin didn’t draw last time, and he didn’t lose tonight. But welcome to Vegas and this is boxing.

Another black eye.

I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight, but hope they both take a interim fight in between before going back to it.

How things shake out network wise could decide a lot of things as well. GB already has a relationship with ESPN, and this fight and Canelo's future fights would be a lot bigger with the ESPN machine behind it.

If GGG/K2 is smart they just do one offs for now on. At age 36 there's no reason to sign any kind of long term deal, and he's a big enough name at this point to do it.

Yeah but does GGG want to be fighting Canelo in his prime at 38? Especially after two fights that he should have won? I think if he does it, it's the next fight he does and it's a money grab.

Honestly at this point GGG has to go in there and pull a Marquez vs. Pacquia IV and knock Canelo out to get a win. Outside of a lot of money I don't see the motivation for him.

One judge
Told ya!
Told ya!
Will Canelo’s career be greater than Oscar’s career?
highly doubt it. Canelo was being criticized by his people for not being a true Mexican and banging.

BTW. The judge in the middle seem to have scored the fight very accurate. I also though Canelo was ahead based on power punches, body work, pace of fight and avoidance of punches.

People say that GGG wasnt hirt, but every time Canelo hit that body, GGG seem to hurt.

Those like 4 or 5 rounds though, Canelo would do a lot to start and GGG jusy steal the round by looking fresher and landing after the initial onslaught.

I would of have agreed on a draw. This fight are extremely hard to judge and you can put a argument that GGG clearly won, but you really cant, convincingly.

How exactly is any fighter going to win a decision against canelo. Its looks pretty impossible at this point.

Lara clearly beat him, he gets a gift decision and canelo and the critics say Lara "ran", ok

Golovkin beats him in 2017, while canelo used the SAME "running" game plan lara used to beat him, and he somehow gets a draw in a fight he clearly lost. The media and fans somehow find a way to defend the decision

He changes his approach last night and decides to trade with golovkin, loses again yet somehow gets a win while not one judge scores the fight for golovkin lol.

Not to mention you MIGHT find one round to give canelo in his fight vs floyd, yet one judge saw it as a draw. Its gonna be tough to beat this dude

thats why you have to appreciate floyd... hes a decade older than canelo and just straight up out boxed him the whole fight... canelo look like he shouldnt of even been in the same ring with floyd since he got dominated so badly

thats why you have to appreciate floyd... hes a decade older than canelo and just straight up out boxed him the whole fight... canelo look like he shouldnt of even been in the same ring with floyd since he got dominated so badly
Def wasn’t smart for GGG to try to go blow for blow with Canelo. To beat him you have to out box him like Floyd did.

I'll take the GGG approach over the supreme boxer Mayweather any day of the week ... I fell asleep watching May ... That fight last night was great for fans and great for boxing UNTIL the judges ...

I watched both fights again this morning ... You cant tell me GGG isn't 2-0 ... Sorry, it's not even close actually ...

Def wasn’t smart for GGG to try to go blow for blow with Canelo. To beat him you have to out box him like Floyd did.

This is the point of my post this morning. What you're saying sounds good, but simply isn't true. Floyd shut canelo out, one judge said canelo won 6 rounds. Lara clearly outboxed canelo, and lost. Golovkin outboxed canelo, the judges saw a draw with one judge giving canelo 10 out of 12 rounds. Golovkin outboxed canelo again, and lost with NONE of the judges thinking he won the fight. Out of the 2 fights and 6 judges they've had, only 1 judge scored the fight for golovkin 115-113 in 2 "close" fights lol. Golden boy judges are undefeated.

IMG_20180916_105408.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom