Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

40 for Golovkin
17 draw
2 for Canelo (and one of those couldn’t even muster up a score).

Some pretty credible names in there, but you should discredit them because they don’t fit your narrative (and most never fought, lol), that a robbery can only take place in a wide fight.

I had it 7-5. Others watching with me had it 8-4. And others had it 6-6. Nobody had it 5-7. And within my group we have several who have boxed, not some fanboys who show up for big cards and dksab.

Canelo got the nod in Vegas. Big surprise. He performed well, I was impressed with him. But he didn’t win that fight. You can use all the quotation marks you want, doesn’t make whatever you’re spewing any truer.

At the end of the day it was a close fight. So we shouldn't be sitting here a week later surprised that two judges had Canelo winning by 2 points. Boxing has been plagued by egregious decisions. This one isn't even really that bad IMO. The first fight on the other hand WAS pretty bad.

115-113 either way in a close fight is actually pretty fair considering the sh*t we've seen in this sport throughout our generation.

Pot meet kettle.
Apply that same logic with yourself.

If this is the first controversial decision that you so vehemently feel that upset about.....than this ain't the sport for you.
Go start a petition, write an angry letter do something else than try to disprove illphillip illphillip 's opion......after all he has as much right to feel the way he does as you. Plain and simple.

On to AJ vs Povetkin.

You bring nothing to our conversation. Unless you’re his keyboard bodyguard, stay out of it.

I never used quotation marks, so not sure what that means.

I’m also not sure where I came across as so vehemently upset about the result, just that it was the incorrect one. Was it the robbery of the century? Meh, I wouldn’t say so, but when factoring in the magnitude of the fight and the circumstances that surrounded everything before it (very poor judging the first fight, failed drug tests), it’s pretty large. Golovkin was the champ for both fights and wasn’t treated as such. Canelo was the cash cow and treated as such. It’s simple if you understand boxing, which most who watched his fight probably don’t. These are the types of fights that bring out casuals who don’t know what they are talking about (other than GGG has swelling under his eyes and he fought backing up, therefore he lost).

When someone states go write a petition, don’t try to change my opinion with logic and reason (as in the vast majority of people involved in the sport do not think Canelo won the fight, or the first one)... they clearly have nothing to offer in the discussion. You don’t know how to score a fight, that’s fine. Keep it moving though.

At the end of the day it was a close fight. So we shouldn't be sitting here a week later surprised that two judges had Canelo winning by 2 points. Boxing has been plagued by egregious decisions. This one isn't even really that bad IMO. The first fight on the other hand WAS pretty bad.

115-113 either way in a close fight is actually pretty fair considering the sh*t we've seen in this sport throughout our generation.

Not surprising in the least bit.

The notion that a card can’t be wrong in a close fight is wrong.

The first fight had Don Trella score the 7th round for Canelo. It was perhaps GGG’s best round of the fight. Even Byrd gave him that round. He created the draw with erroneous scoring.

As long as judges have immunity, there will always be corruption.

floyd dumb as hell... i really believed he wouldnt be the tyson type guy and blow his money but he does just that... the material things fine but gambling thats such a waste... you know you going to lose i dont see how/why people waste their money on gambling... a couple hundred here and there to have fun ok but thousand and then millions you trippin!

Ive always thought fmj was pretty good with his money.. guess i was wrong.

If there's one thing thatll destroy your life and bank acct.. its gambling.

I wonder how much money Floyd has blown just on women alone. It seems like every fight there are different groupies in his circle.

Floyd having a $50 million dollar gambling debt is just a rumor right know, but if it’s true son is dumb. Don’t get why someone who made all the money Floyd has made would even want or need to gamble, just being greedy. That is exactly how rich dudes lose their money. It seems like what they have is never enough, so they make dumb investments and gamble etc in an attempt to get more than what they have. Floyd does gamble a lot so it’s possible because he used to always post pictures of his winnings, but never picks of his losings lol.

Remember when Floyd would post his bet slips on IG all the time, showing how much he had won? Haven't seen that in a while..

Floyd having a $50 million dollar gambling debt is just a rumor right know, but if it’s true son is dumb. Don’t get why someone who made all the money Floyd has made would even want or need to gamble, just being greedy. That is exactly how rich dudes lose their money. It seems like what they have is never enough, so they make dumb investments and gamble etc in an attempt to get more than what they have. Floyd does gamble a lot so it’s possible because he used to always post pictures of his winnings, but never picks of his losings lol.

Yeah, I think he does it as an addiction, not as a way to make more money (although with his lifestyle, he’s gonna need to keep that money flowing in because it goes out nearly as fast). He’s got to satiate his competitiveness and betting must accomplish that.

Not surprising at all. At least he has a lot of assets (houses, jewelry, cars) he can move once he finally goes broke.

Crazy part is he could still make a couple hundred million fighting a few more times. Pretty insane. The guy at 40+ years old can work 2 or 3 more times and make more money than 99.9% of athletes make in their entire careers.

Cradle Of Champions, documentary about the NY Golden Gloves on Showtime now followed by a ShoBox card.

Shout out to the guys in the gym with the fresh Nike Boxing boots (including one wearing ******* Grant lace ups) learning how to jab.

Back
Top Bottom