Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watched the replay on HBO. I paid more attention to GGG's jabs because people were giving him so much credit for it. Most of the time the jab had no pop behind it. It was not thrown with conviction but was more to deter Canelo from coming forward.

How did Lederman score Round 7 for Golovkin? I stopped following him after that. Golovkin only landed two significant punches in Round 7, including that big uppercut at the end. The rest of GGG's work was pitty pat punches.

Golovkin won Round 10 and that was the most dominating round by either fighter in both fights.

In Rounds 12, Jim Lampley gave Golovkin credit for all his work but had little to say about Canelo's. I still gave round 12 to GGG, but it was close.

Overall, my opinion hasn't changed since my first viewing. Could be a draw or 7-5 to either fighter.

Just goes to show how close this fight really was. Everyone scored it different and varied on where they gave credit during what turned out to be several close rounds. Some people scored them in favor of Canelo for coming forward and throwing with more conviction. Others gave the credit to GGG for his jab work. I thought GGG was throwing pretty stiff jabs, snapping Canelo's head on a quite a few. These dudes both simply have unreal chins. I gave GGG the slight edge because in my eyes he outlanded and when he did flurry, they seemed to switch the momentum and effect Canelo as opposed to vice versa. At the same time, Canelo answered well on a few of those flurries like Roy Jones alluded to. I hope we get a 3rd fight.

My card was pretty close to Lederman's.

20180922_230657.jpg

After watching the post fight presser, you can tell AJ and his team is scared to fight Wilder and/or Ortiz. He keeps mentioning bums from Europe and a rematch with Whyte as his possible next fight?? FOH!!!

Hearns, his promoter said “if Wilders team doesn’t negotiate with Hearns before his fight with Fury in December, we’ll move on to another lesser opponent”. That makes no sense because why negotiate a fight before another fight you’re actually prepping for? They even said “hypothetically if Wilder loses, we’ll terminate the contract and move on”. AJ is looking real suspect as the heavyweight champ with people talking like this for him.

AJ doesn’t want no real smoke, but everyone will say “he’s #1” even though he’s scared to step up and fight any real good Heavyweights (Wilder or Ortiz even Fury).

After watching the post fight presser, you can tell AJ and his team is scared to fight Wilder and/or Ortiz. He keeps mentioning bums from Europe and a rematch with Whyte as his possible next fight?? FOH!!!

Hearns, his promoter said “if Wilders team doesn’t negotiate with Hearns before his fight with Fury in December, we’ll move on to another lesser opponent”. That makes no sense because why negotiate a fight before another fight you’re actually prepping for? They even said “hypothetically if Wilder loses, we’ll terminate the contract and move on”. AJ is looking real suspect as the heavyweight champ with people talking like this for him.

AJ doesn’t want no real smoke, but everyone will say “he’s #1” even though he’s scared to step up and fight any real good Heavyweights (Wilder or Ortiz even Fury).

I suspect him and Hearn are milking this situation for all it's worth, but he has fought Klit, Parker, and now Povetkin in just 22 fights.

He deserves to get dragged if they fight Whyte again in April, but there is not a guy in the HW division right now who has a more impressive resume than he does.

Am I the only one whose DAZN stream was trash yesterday? I ended up switching midway through the fight to a bootleg Sky stream which was much better.

Am I the only one whose DAZN stream was trash yesterday? I ended up switching midway through the fight to a bootleg Sky stream which was much better.
I was thinking of trying out their free trial but if the live stream is gonna be trash it's so easy to find a Sky or another provider stream for free these days in near HD quality.

What???
Sergio Martinez coming back!?!?!
These old boxers gotta learn hot to stay retired, especially Sergio since he started boxing late.
My dude could barely stand when he got worked by Cotto. He prob got that Kobe-Germany knee procedure.

Either way I hope he beats Jr just so we never have to hear from him again.
Those Paul Williams fights were epic!

Sergio Martinez was my favorite fighter and got me into the sport of boxing, but he needs to stay retired.

Cotto beating the brakes off Maravilla is still one of the more shocking boxing moments of my lifetime :lol:. Man became washed overnight.

I was already starting to dislike dude because of how spiteful he seemed in the lead up to the JCC Jr fight and the Cotto fight too, but at his peak he was nice. I wonder how a prime Sergio vs current Canelo fight would go down. I assume GGG woulda KOed him tho.

Back
Top Bottom