Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sad to see them go seeing as that I grew up with them as a boxing fan, as most of us did in here.

But ultimately it's for the best. The last couple years the commitment just hasn't been there, and it's time for some new parties to step in who actually care about the sport and can help it grow.

Man this hit me in the gut. Grew up watching HBO Boxing with my dad on the regualr. Dude would let me stay up late and watching Boxing after dark and introduced me to the sport.

Wonder where Canelo and GGG land?

DFC84328-1B7C-41B2-B1E2-6F9F04AD4267.png

Sad day for Boxing...

But it’s been a long time coming. Merchant leaving, Floyd leaving, then Arum moving his fighters to ESPN, plus the quality of fights outside of Canelo/GGG have been garbage lately.

If I had to guess...

Jacobs - DAZN
GGG - ESPN
Canelo - Showtime. Showtime boss hates Oscar, but Canelo brings PPV numbers. Only way I see Canelo on ESPN is if they make a bigger commitment to Golden Boy and that stable.

Anybody have the ESPN+ app? Thoughts?

Not a lot of people really are sad Floyd is gone, and these days, nobody knows who Merchant is. But glad I don't have to hear anymore of Jim Lamphey's bias commentating. Best non-bias announcer on HBO was Emanuel Steward. That was a sad day when he passed away.

ESPN+ is great for just $5 a month. But would be great if there were more fights per month.

Back
Top Bottom