Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t think it will?

Network politics, and GGG-Canelo III is a big enough fight that the belts really aren't needed.

I could see a scenario where GGG declines, and Canelo throws the belt in the trash instead of fighting Charlo, so both of those guys can fight a third fight.

Canelo's lack of height and reach could give him some issues at 168 long-term, but I guess this opens the door for a Zurdo and/or Benavidez fight down the road possibly.

Yeah if im GGG i dont think take Charlo fight and I try and get a GGG vs Canelo 3.

IMO that Charlo fight is risk and no reward at this point in his career

Yeah if im GGG i dont think take Charlo fight and I try and get a GGG vs Canelo 3.

IMO that Charlo fight is risk and no reward at this point in his career

Steve Kim mentioned on his pod that GGG's camp would probably be more interested in a Murata fight next in Japan, if the rematch isn't next May.

Personally, I hope both these guys wait until next September for part 3. GGG can fight Murata/Charlo, and Canelo can fight Andrade or Lemieux.

Last edited:
Clenelo and Golden Boy are straight trolls. Fighting a nobody champ at 168 to try to act like they have more guts than Golovkin. Should’ve just fought one of his mandatories.

This fight gets no respect.

Clenelo and Golden Boy are straight trolls. Fighting a nobody champ at 168 to try to act like they have more guts than Golovkin. Should’ve just fought one of his mandatories.

This fight gets no respect.

You whine more about Canelo than his ex

Quit riding for a dude that kept tryin to pull fighters from even 147 but ducked ward when he had the chance

Im not understanding his opponent or weight class, but since it was such a short turn around, ill give him a pass.

I wonder if the wbc will strip him

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer You think Beterbeast beats Callum Johnson tmrw? more and more ppl are calling upset
Don't know much about Johnson, but besides Callum Smith I am not very high on Joe Gallagher's fighters. From the little that I have seen of Johnson, he likes to fight in straight lines. It will probably take someone more dynamic to beat Beterbiev.

Quit riding for a dude that kept tryin to pull fighters from even 147 but ducked ward when he had the chance

He didn't duck Ward, stop with that ********.

It's also ironic your talking about pulling up fighters from smaller weight classes, when up until recently Canelita has been one of the biggest weight bullies in the sport :lol:

Last edited:
Im not understanding his opponent or weight class, but since it was such a short turn around, ill give him a pass.

I wonder if the wbc will strip him

This is how I feel about it. It's a "stay busy" fight.

It's unrealistic to expect either of these two to not take soft touches before a 3rd fight. Would a fight against David Lemieux really have been that much better?

I'm assuming this is like the deal they had before with NBC and these are mostly developmental shows, because she doesn't have the stable right now to be putting on fights on NBC proper. Bivol supposedly is only with them for one more fight, and even if Kovalev wins the rematch he's still on his last legs.

Just speaking the truth. Lame fight.

Don’t get your fishnets in a bunch, bruh.

Yea, that next Canelo fight came right out of left Field. I'm a huge boxing fan but didn't know who that hell his December opponent is until I saw his profile on Boxrec. Was anticipating Lemieux or Munguia.

Wondering if Canelo's next fight will be on DAZN. :nerd:

Big Baby Miller taking shots calling AJ a house negro and Dillian Whyte a spoiled beef patty

For those interested in up and coming HWs, 21 yr old British power punching HW Daniel Dubois is fighting Kevin Johnson now

Back
Top Bottom