Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Probably amounts to nothing but it's nice to see we're actively trying to add more picks.

Absolutely not worth adding salaries for Justin ******* Jackson. Do not like his game at all.

Last edited:
This is a no brainer. Phi has to at least try and see if a deal can be made.

If we take back Turner, i'd want 2 picks. 15th and a future protected 1st is my preference. I would involve KOQ in a deal like this.

As of now, Portland will have the highest payroll in the league heading into free agency. Thats pretty surprising.

Pretty clear Phil is trying to get as many scorers as possible (Reddick, Justin, Monk, etc) since Melo wont be here.

Last edited:
Melo ain't goin nowhere! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

If it's halfway through the season and the Knicks are trash, then I could see him giving up finally and going to a contender. But he ain't waiving his NTC to go anywhere this off season. Put that on everything

If it's halfway through the season and the Knicks are trash, then I could see him giving up finally and going to a contender. But he ain't waiving his NTC to go anywhere this off season. Put that on everything
I see that word in your statement and realize that Carmelo DOES NOT have a "NO CUT" clause in his contract.

I think Phil is egotistical enough to put Carmelo on the waiver wire by the end of September IF Carmelo is not traded off the Knicks before training camp begins.  Phil has made it damn near clear he wants Carmelo gone in every single press release and interview he has done since the season ended.

Carmelo can maintain his NTC stance throughout the whole summer, DOESN'T MEAN Phil won't get rid of him........even if he has the force the Knicks to eat his salary for the next 2-3 years.

I see that word in your statement and realize that Carmelo DOES NOT have a "NO CUT" clause in his contract.

I think Phil is egotistical enough to put Carmelo on the waiver wire by the end of September IF Carmelo is not traded off the Knicks before training camp begins.  Phil has made it damn near clear he wants Carmelo gone in every single press release and interview he has done since the season ended.

Carmelo can maintain his NTC stance throughout the whole summer, DOESN'T MEAN Phil won't get rid of him........even if he has the force the Knicks to eat his salary for the next 2-3 years.

Ain't nobody cutting a HOF'er who just averaged 23/6. That would be unprecedented in the history of the NBA. So if you feel that history is going to be made then sure.

But I don't buy it

Last edited:
We're trying to get rubio AND frank?

If we were to get Reddick I would throw him to Detroit for their 12th pick

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by floodarea View Post

Reddick is a free agent

Detroit wouldn't give up that pick for someone they could possibly outright sign

Well of course. I said IF that trade went through meaning Detroit wouldn't be able to sign him, because he would be signed to us.

Pistons Interested In Trading No. 12 Pick For Established Player
MAY 30, 2017 3:54 PM

The Detroit Pistons have interest in trading the 12th overall pick in exchange for an established player.

The Pistons received little production out of their first round picks from the past two seasons during the 16-17 season as Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson struggled to make an impact.

Stan Van Gundy is entering his fourth season with the Pistons and the team has made just one playoff appearance.

End up with the 8th & 12th pick.

Last edited:
Frank is definitely the best defensive guard in the lottery. Kid hounds the defender once its inbounded. There's really question marks with every guy that'll fall to us.

Monk = can he do anything else but score
DSJ = can he stay healthy
Frank = seems like a project, kid will be thrown into the fire

Last edited:

You can't just cut a contract like that and put it on the waiver wire like that.

Its not like Melo has one year left or something. Not to mention the situation the Knicks are in. The optics are especially bad and inexplicable given there will not be a player of equal caliber showing up in return.

Besides I think Phil would enjoy letting play his contract out on a losing team that doesn't make the playoffs while he makes his moves anyway.

Keep in mind he's the one that got the extension. Not Melo. So the both of their contracts will be up by 2019.

Melo had made it clear that he isn't giving up his NYC and with the personal situation he got going on with his marriage. I am pretty damn sure he is think about that first before anything.
And as a loyal Knicks fan it is clear to me that i am just going to have to sit back and watch this losing seasons while we rebuild and that isn't going to be complete until at least 2019. I have already accept Phil isn't about optics and has no idea what direction he want to take this team. Melo for president 2019

No matter how you feel about Melo, I can't believe a sign and trade for JJ Redick has even been mentioned. That'd have to be up there with some of Isiah's worst trades. Why the hell would we sign JJ Reddick in his 30s to a multiyear deal?

I don't think Melo wants to leave, and he's not rly going to find a spot where he's realistically going to have a chance to win looking at the complexion of the NBA rn, unless he goes to the Cavs or Celtics (who don't like guys who don't play defense so i dont see that happening). With that in mind, we should be in full win/compete now mode until his contract comes off the books in 2 yrs, and even if it's a bad deal, I do think that getting Evan Turner for the 26th pick would be worth it. ET isn't a bad player, and a lineup of Smith/Monk, Lee, Turner, Melo, KP wouldnt be that bad to watch, Might get killed defensively, especially w/ Melo at the 4, but u have to hide him somewhere on that end.

Back
Top Bottom