Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Word on the street is that Nerlens Noel is going to be offered a max deal by multiple teams

Guarantee we'll be one of those teams 
laugh.gif

Making the East is a pathetically low bar for a "superstar".  You want me to praise this guy for it?  He is the definition of a loser.  

In those two magical playoff years his record is 1-8 btw.  Before Phil it was Woodson's fault.  Before that it was Dantoni's fault.  Everyone but the superstar franchise player.

I'm not saying he should win a championship.  Just that "superstars" don't throw themselves parties for barely making the playoffs in the East.  
This dude 
roll.gif

It would be such a Knicks move to trade for a subpar PG that can't shoot to run the triangle, in draft full of potential star PGs.

If Rubio is our starting PG next season, I'm finding another team to root for. Word to everything.
Word to mother. Draft a ******* PG. 

You guys think Willy is a capable starting big man on a good team? We rolling with him at the 5 for foreseeable future?

Yeah I think he can be. This dude is on an absolute steal of a deal. 3 more years at less than $2mil per or something like that, right? Phil is already an idiot, but he would be a complete dumbass to trade Billy.

I think Willy's game is VERY similar right now to David Lee in 2007 when he came off the bench and averaged a double double. He is bigger than Lee was so more capable as a 5 but not as good of a shooter/passer (although Lee had to work hard on that early in his career). But the way I see it, he has the upside to be kind of a bigger/less versatile version of David Lee.

So if he works as hard as Lee did early in his career, I could definitely see him being a viable starting center and a very solid role player on a good team. But thats a big if considering that Lee improved upon every single aspect of his game (ok, besides defense I guess
laugh.gif
) during an era of Knicks basketball when everyone around him only got worse.

The chemistry with Porzingis certainly doesnt hurt either.

Last edited:
Willy improved tremendously defensively. I remember him saying he never actually practiced it until he came to the NBA. Ok with having him at the 5 long term as long as we get a pass first PG and a 3-D wing.

Last edited:
That guy is a certified Knicks hater so can't take his opinion seriously. Melo only got 1 win his whole Knicks playoff career? At least get the facts straight smh

That'd be great

Noel is a great defensive big man
Not sure about Noel, In todays league everyone needs to be a two way player. When KP matures hes almost the perfect 5 

As for Melo to Clippers for Reddick, Clippers would be a team he probably would waive for if CP3 stay but how would that work? Reddick is a UFA this offseason. CP3 and Reddick should both take their talents to New Orleans
NBA Draft scuttle: Hearing Detroit is open to discussing trades for its No. 12 overall pick in hopes of acquiring more of a win-now veteran.

Last edited:
I mean I like Nerlens, but come on, we dont need to sign every player we like.
laugh.gif

There is 0 room on this roster to be spending big $ on Nerlens. We already have a crowded frontline as is with KP, Willy, KOQ, and Noah's $72 mil contract still on board. Start KP/Willy in the frontcourt, hope that Noah can rejuvinate himself as a high energy role player/veteran leader off the bench, and if not we still have KOQ and two 2nd round picks/cap room to find viable cheaper role players for the bench.

In this league you really dont even need more than 1 traditional big man on the floor at one time so we really have no need for a guy like Nerlens, especially with Noah already burning a hole in Dolan's pocket. We were lucky enough for a solid cheap option like Willy to emerge after Noah was a bust for us, so there is really no need to spend even more cap space in an attempt to try and replace Noah with a younger (and just as expensive, if not more) version of himself.

This team should have absolutely 0 interest in signing Nerlens Noel... Now, Gallinari is another story though. 
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Last edited:
No to Noel. We have no need for him at all. Give me Detroits pick and Leur for Noah and Lee. Throw in Kuz if we have to.

In the past 4 seasons he's played a total of 175 games. And in 11 seasons he's played on 460 games. Too much of a liability.

Back
Top Bottom