Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Speaking of Cleveland, Now word is coming out that they wouldn't even take Melo for Kyrie, only KP. They're trying to save face since Melo doesn't want to go there now.

How many of yall are in favor of keeping melo?
HAND RAISE.gif

Attachments

• HAND RAISE.gif
    HAND RAISE.gif
    444.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm not. No appeal in an aging star with a roster that is in the development stage.

That's true but theres even less appeal in losing that star to get lesser talent for that roster in development stage..so if Melo is such a hindrance to the team like you guys make it out to be then its a case of pick yous poison..trade him for less or keep him? I rather get the less damaging of the two

I knew I couldn't be the only one. Idk why ppl are stressing trading Melo so much when we're not getting any value in return, he gives us more value as a Knick..nothing out there worth getting so if thats the case just keep him..

Quick look at our new blue jerseys from 2K18. Looks like no real differences except the shoulder piping going all the way around.

Keep Melo
- stuck in mediocracy, with a first round playoff exit at best
- draft in the 12-15 range
- trade talk and distractions all season long
- more jab step, jab step, pump fake, massage ball, jab steps

Lose Melo
-proper rebuild like GS, Sixers, and Thunder did it
-draft in the 3-10 range
-gives more time for the young guys to play/grow together
-no distractions throughout the year (can focus on basketball instead of BS media stuff)

That's true but theres even less appeal in losing that star to get lesser talent for that roster in development stage..so if Melo is such a hindrance to the team like you guys make it out to be then its a case of pick yous poison..trade him for less or keep him? I rather get the less damaging of the two

On point

Keep Melo
- stuck in mediocracy, with a first round playoff exit at best
- draft in the 12-15 range
- trade talk and distractions all season long
- more jab step, jab step, pump fake, massage ball, jab steps

Lose Melo
-add consecutive top 10 picks to finally have a young core with Frank, KP, Willy
-gives more time for the young guys to play/grow together
-no distractions throughout the year (can focus on basketball instead of BS media stuff)

You're assuming way too much plus Melo will most likely defer more to KP now. I think KP has proven himself to melo and earned his trust more. Plus all that drama was mostly due to Phil u can't put that on melo and we would STILL have that young core to develop with melo

Melo will never defer to KP. 95% of the distraction was Phil's fault.

Next years draft is very top 5-7 heavy. With Melo we'll lose out. Again. You keep him, you dont make playoffs, even if you do you'll lose in 1st round, AND you get a worse pick.

There's literally no reason to keep him. The negatives outweigh the positives by alot.

Melo will never defer to KP. 95% of the distraction was Phil's fault.

Next years draft is very top 5-7 heavy. With Melo we'll lose out. Again. You keep him, you dont make playoffs, even if you do you'll lose in 1st round, AND you get a worse pick. There's literally no reason to keep him.

You're basically saying lets lose Melo now to tank and build through the draft.. if we suck so much then we should be able to do that with or without Melo so whats the difference? Lol..plus if we improve and make the playoffs we would be able to attract free agents. You need to understand Melo has been dealing with Phil's BS for about 4 yrs...revolving door of coaches, triangle triangle triangle, bad trades, bad management, bad system, of course you would see him as a lesser talent in a situation like that but Melo is a beast we should keep him now that Phil and his triangle are gone and KP is slowly turning into an all star

We've never attracted a top free agent. Before or during the Phil era. I don't see what will change now.

You guys need to realize that everytime we've went the FA route we lost.

Back
Top Bottom