Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

What does getting the 8 seed do for us besides playing 86 games instead of 82?

The chance that Michael Porter or Luka Doncic become a star >>> a low playoff seed

Thats not the point, the point is to improve wether we make the playoffs or not, I rather not so we get higher lottery. But I don't even trust knicks management to tank properly for a full rebuild, never. And the argument is not wether we should make or not make the playoffs, its that we shouldn't let go of Melo if it doesn't benefit us, if a good deal comes up for Melo then I'm in but Ryan Anderson? Pass..

Lol dudes really put their Melo-fandom above the Knicks.

Its not fandom its negotiation logic we shouldn't give more to get less in return, Melo is far more valuable than what we would get in return.

I, in no way shape or form want to see the playoffs this season even if we had the chance

In a perfect world I'd also want to keep Melo

I think we can be garbage with or without Melo

Exactly my point, and we have been garbage with him plus he has helped KP develop a lot so it can't hurt us to keep him around for now at least.

Last edited:
Tanking is the ideal option. But if our young guys (Frank, THJ, KP, Wily) are competitive AF leading to team wins, you cant be mad at that.

But when Ndour hits game winners thinking he's MJ that's what pisses me off.

If a Knick team led by Frank NT, THJ, WHG, and KP somehow came up in the 8th seed would team tank really be upset? Like legitimately upset :lol: (I dont think they will but I'm curious how people would view that)

If a Knick team led by Frank NT, THJ, WHG, and KP somehow came up in the 8th seed would team tank really be upset? Like legitimately upset :lol: (I dont think they will but I'm curious how people would view that)

I'd be more confused than anything :lol:

If the young guys go on a run like the Heat did last season you really can't be mad. If Melo's here for the season & we win 37 games, that's when I'll be mad.

Some of these guys are dedicated to rebuilding through the draft.

Nevermind that the players or management aren't committed to tanking. They're in for constant disappointment if they think the Knicks will earn a top 5 pick.

I'd be more confused than anything :lol:

If the young guys go on a run like the Heat did last season you really can't be mad. If Melo's here for the season & we win 37 games, that's when I'll be mad.
What is the difference?

Last edited:

I would not be upset at all. Shows that the team is better without Melo if that were to happen.

Again, let's see how a Phil-less team with Melo and the young guys do. It makes more sense for Melo to wait out the season, since he's already said he'd waive the trade kicker. He can go to whatever team he wants after the season. Who knows, maybe we win 50 games and he stays and Bron comes next year...joking about the last part.

the draft pick dont even matter because we wont select the right guy anyway... passed on dennis smith jr for frank to use in the triangle even though we wont be using that system

No changes to the uniforms besides the pipeline and logo on the waistband I guess SMH

knicksnews_rumors_1501930241.jpg

Back
Top Bottom