Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Sure you can. He signed Phil to an extension after it clearly wasn't working out and only fired him after the KP nonsense. We know he's not cheap ask Jerome James.

Most GMs get 5 year deals. You cant do anything in 2-3 years. Dolan was saying he was trying to honor the contract. Every fan was glad he fired Phil.

I dont like Dolan and think he's an idiot, but he didnt interfere with basketball decisions during the Phil era and will probably stay away during the Perry Mills era.

Most GMs get 5 year deals. You cant do anything in 2-3 years. Dolan was saying he was trying to honor the contract. Every fan was glad he fired Phil.

I dont like Dolan and think he's an idiot, but he didnt interfere with basketball decisions during the Phil era and will probably stay away during the Perry Mills era.

Melo KP Hardaway and Kyrie :pimp:
BRON MELO LAUGH.gif

Actually it wasn't the right time at all

The right time would've been before the draft & also before he agreed to the last 2 years of Phil's deal

Ideally, he should've fired Phil a while ago, but I think Dolan did fine. He hired Phil, who most of us were excited about. He said he wasn't going to get in the way, and he actually let Phil do his thing. Even when Phil trashed Melo, Dolan kept his word and stayed out of it. The last straw was tryna trade KP. Whether if it was a bluff or not, Phil's ego got him fired. NO ONE is gonna hire that buffoon.

Actually it wasn't the right time at all

The right time would've been before the draft & also before he agreed to the last 2 years of Phil's deal

Ideally, he should've fired Phil a while ago, but I think Dolan did fine. He hired Phil, who most of us were excited about. He said he wasn't going to get in the way, and he actually let Phil do his thing. Even when Phil trashed Melo, Dolan kept his word and stayed out of it. The last straw was tryna trade KP. Whether if it was a bluff or not, Phil's ego got him fired. NO ONE is gonna hire that buffoon.
While it may be a good narrative that F Phil got fired over the KP trade talks its just too coincidental that he got fired right after the draft.

Who knows really. Maybe Dolan was already loaded because of the draft, but trading KP was the trigger. Idk...all I'm saying is that we begged for Dolan to not meddle for years. He finally kept his word, and then we're upset that he didn't interfere sooner. The jury is still out on Frank. He might end up being better than DSJR. Hell, he could be the best player in the draft. None of them have played a full season in the league or even a minute, so we'll see. Most of us felt the same way about KP, and look how he turned out.

As ****ed up as his past is with the Knicks, he's stayed away for the past 3 years now and isnt a cheap owner.

You cant really "blame Dolan" anymore.
Yeah you can't blame him under Phil's short reign. Now things are back to the way they use to be.

Its been my impression that Phil got fired cuz he wanted to buyout Melo's contract instead of trading him.

His firing didn't really have anything to do with the trade KP during the draft stuff, especially since it didn't happen.

Last edited:
I wonder if we stretched Noah and dumped Pookie would we have enough to make a serious offer to Nerlens.

Who knows really. Maybe Dolan was already loaded because of the draft, but trading KP was the trigger. Idk...all I'm saying is that we begged for Dolan to not meddle for years. He finally kept his word, and then we're upset that he didn't interfere sooner. The jury is still out on Frank. He might end up being better than DSJR. Hell, he could be the best player in the draft. None of them have played a full season in the league or even a minute, so we'll see. Most of us felt the same way about KP, and look how he turned out.
who knows is right, none of us do. My opinion that the Frank pick was the last straw is based on the timing. If you're already planning to fire someone you don't let them make a decision like that on their way out of the door. Again, that's just how I see it. With KP you could see in SL he wasn't the player most thought he was, but we haven't got a glimpse of the pick this year. That results in more speculation and will remain until we see him play against professional competition. I hope he is better than say DSJ, but I've seen DSJ play so I got nothing to hang hope on besides faith in F Phil :lol:

For ****s and giggles...if we're at .500 come the all star break, would y'all trade Noah and our 1st rounder just to get rid of his contract?

Yeah, we don't really desperately need to trade Noah. I'm cool with letting him rot while the young guys mature.

And we better not stretch him. No need to prolong this.

Have any teams used the stretch provision?

Back
Top Bottom