Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Sadly i don't see NY winning a ring in years if we don't get some LBJ caliber, crazy offseason trades. No one wants to come to NY

If he ain't winning one for N.Y. I don't want to say idgaf, but I don't :lol:

Melo won't win a ring anywhere I don't think. I feel he's also gone sooner than later. Just build around KP at this point and see what kind of team that gives us. I just want to see exciting basketball again. A man can dream!

Knicks aren't winning **** for years, we're stuck in purgatory. Atleast we got to see incompetent, arrogant *** Phil booted.

Last edited:
Sadly i don't see NY winning a ring in years if we don't get some LBJ caliber, crazy offseason trades. No one wants to come to NY
I don't see Melo winning here either unfortunately because of where the organization is at the moment, not a knock on him. Now if he goes someplace else and wins I wouldn't be mad but my concern ends when he takes off the uni...

Only reason D. Griffin gave Thompson, Shumpert, JR those contracts is because they're in win now mode & there was no one better on the market at the time. The alternative was you let those guys walk, LeBron leaves, then you're back at the bottom of the league.

I'm willing to give someone that played a major part in building a championship team a chance. ****, I'll give anyone who has experience a chance. :lol:

Last edited:
With Melo and going after players like Jeff Teague, yes we're definitely stuck in purgatory. Gotta hit on the Frank pick, then the next 2 picks, and then maybe we'll have something.

What about rebuilding properly for the first time since all young players and assets were shipped off for Melo, leading to Donnie Walsh resigning?

Stop with the "win-now" impatience, it clearly just leads to sucking more for longer.

Warriors taking the chip for at least the next 3-4 years so we just need to be ripe by the time thats done with 
laugh.gif

Knicks aren't winning **** for years, we're stuck in purgatory. Atleast we got to see incompetent, arrogant *** Phil booted.

With Melo and going after players like Jeff Teague, yes we're definitely stuck in purgatory. Gotta hit on the Frank pick, then the next 2 picks, and then maybe we'll have something.

Yea until this team decides who they are and go in a clear direction not much will change.

What about rebuilding properly for the first time since all young players and assets were shipped off for Melo, leading to Donnie Walsh resigning?

Stop with the "win-now" impatience, it clearly just leads to sucking more for longer.

This makes the most sense but then there's Dolan, NTC, Noer, resigning Rose, going after Teague...

Last edited:
I think the rumor was that Dan Gilbert asked LeBron to guarantee he would stay and LeBron said no, so he didn't trade Kyrie 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom