Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

In March Porzingis praised the triangle & said if everyone bought in it'd be best. 

This made Melo furious and he reportedly laid into KP

So it was Melos attitude rubbing off on KP when he was trying to do what's right. What a leader melo is. I guess when you have won as much as him it gives you the right to be a diva.

Last edited:
Saw the point made on twitter (and I agree) that even though the Knicks still suck + Phil definitely deserved to be fired, the Knicks are in an objectively better position than they were 3 years ago.

Have a young star, picks, and cap space.

No way can you compare Phil to Isaiah.

These are all facts. If Phil has done anything right, it was securing picks and bringing in youth.

Cap space? We were paying Melo, Stat, and Tyson before he came. No one else made more than 5mil. Stat would've gotten bought out eventually, so that leaves Melo and Tyson. INSTEAD we have Noah's bum *** for 18mil a year for 3 more years. ***** don't even play. Lee is ehh, be slightly overpaid. We're in the SAME financial situation as before he got here. Drafting KP was luck. We had to suck bad enough to have that pick. We also gave up a pick for Bargs. No, Phil doesn't get credit for ****. **** outta here :smh:

The only bad contract on the team right now is Noah & it's not like it prevented us from signing Paul, Lowry, Hayward, etc.

Phil didn't trade for Bargnani so he gets no fault for that.

Cap space? We were paying Melo, Stat, and Tyson before he came. No one else made more than 5mil. Stat would've gotten bought out eventually, so that leaves Melo and Tyson. INSTEAD we have Noah's bum *** for 18mil a year for 3 more years. ***** don't even play. Lee is ehh, be slightly overpaid. We're in the SAME financial situation as before he got here. Drafting KP was luck. We had to suck bad enough to have that pick. We also gave up a pick for Bargs. No, Phil doesn't get credit for ****. **** outta here
mean.gif
Did I not say he deserved to be fired?

Take a trip back in a time machine (or google) and consider the cap/team situation the year Isaiah got fired.

Plus luck, whatever, doesn't matter, KP is on the team and many people wouldn't have made that pick.

(Just to repeat: Phil deserved to be fired.  His management of the media/team culture was *****ing horrible)

Last edited:
what is Dolan waiting for to just give Houston the keys ? hasn't he been getting groomed for this for years ?

what is Dolan waiting for to just give Houston the keys ? hasn't he been getting groomed for this for years ?
Maybe for a big deal to be in place to start him off on the right foot.

While many Knicks fans may just be happy with Phil's departure that's not really a W or a good look for the franchise. Especially if a Melo trade is on the way. Whoever has to own that is gonna have the first strike against them no matter what you feel about Melo staying or leaving.

May just put that on Mills or whoever is running **** by committee until an official announcement.

Last edited:
Its a great look for the franchise. Getting rid of Melo is what should've happened and will happen. Its almost inevitable at this point.

If the new GM is actually able to trade him, he should get a raise on the spot and should get zero slack for doing that. After Phil shot down his value to almost nothing, getting rid of Melo now is more of a "turning the page" move than anything else. It will be priority #1 for any GM.

Last edited:
Hiring a good GM & trading Melo would be a great start towards the future

All we need is some new jerseys :nerd: :lol:

The idea of just getting rid of Melo in any trade is a good look for the franchise is total bull **** :lol:

Melo's not some cancerous player holding the team hostage with his NTC. Nor is he holding them back from rebuilding since the squad has shown they can suck whether he plays or doesn't.

Besides for the most part he's been good for KP's development for the most part.

Last edited:
The idea of just getting rid of Melo in anybtrade is a good look for the franchise is total bull **** :lol:

Mwlo's not some cancerous player holding the team hostage with his NTC. Nor is he holding them back from rebuilding since the squad has shown they can suck whether he plays or doesn't.

Besides for the most part he's been good for KP's development for the most part.
Right?? All we need to do is make kp the number one option on offense . Or get him involved in every possession .

I don't think he can handle the workload just yet tho

Feel the need to correct myself in here because I see that it led to a big discussion after I posted about it last night and one of my boys corrected me when I said the same thing about Griffin today (I like that he stood up to Lebron and left but the Bennett, Waiters, and Thompson picks would scare me away).

Chris Grant was actually the GM when all of those draft picks were made and D-Griff didnt take over as GM until Grant was fired in Feb. 2014. So I would be cool with Griffin although he was VP of basketball operations from shortly after Lebron left in 2010 until he was promoted in Feb. 2014 and then hired permanently in May of that year. 

So he was on the staff for those drafting blunders, although the fact that they promoted him from within makes me feel like he was probably more of an antagonist to Grant or else they probably would have looked to go in a more different direction. Sorry for the confusion.

Griffin's got balls for trying to trade Kyrie for Bledsoe and no. 4

I respect him for doing that lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom