Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The idea of Allen Houston :x

I don't want any former player or coach running this organization. I want an actual smart, front-office person.

Former players/coaches are almost unanimously horrible in running teams.

Ujiri is going to be too hard to get with his contract. I'd be cool with Griffin.

Jeff Hornacek was asked if the Knicks would still be looking for players to fit a specific system, as they had at times under Phil Jackson. "I think we're all on the same page. (GM) Steve (Mills) and I talked. I talked with (owner) Jim (Dolan). We're all on the same page. When you move forward and you look at your team, maybe you're looking at guys the same, maybe you're looking at them differently. I don't think you necessarily need to look at 'Does a guy fit this system or that system?' It's: 'Can this guy play ball, can we mold him into what we want to do?'"

Damn the Kcicks really gonna let him wear Cleanthony's number like nothing?

Frank got some big shoes to fill 
mean.gif

Saw the point made on twitter (and I agree) that even though the Knicks still suck + Phil definitely deserved to be fired, the Knicks are in an objectively better position than they were 3 years ago.

Have a young star, picks, and cap space.

No way can you compare Phil to Isaiah.

Zeke tweeted that he isn't interested in joining the Knicks. He's happy with the Liberty and NBA TV

Saw the point made on twitter (and I agree) that even though the Knicks still suck + Phil definitely deserved to be fired, the Knicks are in an objectively better position than they were 3 years ago.

Have a young star, picks, and cap space.

No way can you compare Phil to Isaiah.

Yeah the Phil era isn't close to the worst Knicks era.

You can make an argument he left us in better shape than when he came in.

Back
Top Bottom