Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I don't think Melo will go to the Western conference. If LaLa is to be believed, Melo wants to stay close to NY for Kiyan, so only really leaves Eastern teams and I can't really see him going to any of those.

Y'all are some god damn weirdos man

Griffin just came off of constructing a team that won a title and most of y'all are like "Nah I don't want him"

Unbelievable :lol:

I'd love to have him be our GM
Under those circumstances? LeBron went home and created a vacuum. He didn’t sign those players because he was wheeling and dealing, he signed those players because of mutual interest between the Cavs (LeBron) and those players. On top of that, he seemed to overpay for everyone they added or retained. It’s the reason LeBron needs help to match the Warriors now, but likely wont get it.

I don’t know if he’d have the same ability to lure players if he didn’t have LeBron James on his team.

The Warriors "built" a championship team. The Cavs didn't. Having 3 number 1 picks, having "the best player" in the NBA return to them and everyone taking pay cuts or buyouts to play with them. (Thompson, shump and JR exception). That's really not that impressive as a GM. But trading a player you know will leave next year as a free agent and getting a haul of young talent and picks is the GM I want.

The Warriors "built" a championship team. The Cavs didn't. Having 3 number 1 picks, having "the best player" in the NBA return to them and everyone taking pay cuts or buyouts to play with them. (Thompson, shump and JR exception). That's really not that impressive as a GM. But trading a player you know will leave next year as a free agent and getting a haul of young talent and picks is the GM I want.

Indeed, and this sounds like what the Clippers did with CP3

Also look at all the players he passed over for AB, Waiters and Tristan Thompson. Klay, Greek, Kawhi, KCP, Otto porter, CJ McCollum, Lillard, Harrison Barnes, kemba Walker, Morris Twins, Jimmy Butler. So if it wasn't the number 1 pick Griffin drafted pretty ******. And number 1 picks are almost gimmes.

This thread has the best GMs in the world I tell you what 
laugh.gif

Indeed, and this sounds like what the Clippers did with CP3
Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, Darrun Hilliard, DeAndre Liggins, Kyle Wiltjer and ONE protected first-round pick

Yeah the Clippers really hit the motherload of young talent and picks for CP3

Give me a f*cking break 
laugh.gif

I really have no idea why he picked Bennett. I really don't. I don't think anyone can really give a legitimate reason as to why Bennett went #1. He was an overweight and undersized forward that had an OK season for a school in a weak conference. Am I missing something? Griffin may have been handcuffed to resigning Shump and JR, but he didn't have to for THAT much. Hell, I wouldn't have given JR more than 10mil to stay here, and I damn sure wasn't gonna pay Shump more than 7.

Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, Darrun Hilliard, DeAndre Liggins, Kyle Wiltjer and ONE protected first-round pick

Give me a f*cking break :lol:  

It's better than CP walking for nothing....

I'd take a few bad contracts if it meant winning a single title but that's just me I guess

Tristen Thompson's current deal is GREAT considering the current NBA market. Y'all are wylin'
This.
At the time in which JR got his money, it made sense. He was on fire for the Cavs. Still scratch my head sometimes about Shump though.

Give me a f*cking break :lol:  

CP3 was going to leave for nothing. So you'd rather just let him walk and not get a 1st Rd pick and a few serviceable players? He notified the Clippers he was going to sign with the Rockets anyway. "Hey I'm going to sign with the rockets but if you want I can opt in and get a little more money and you can get some assests for me instead of nothing so it's a win for both of us, nah just leave" what sense does that make?

CP3 was going to leave for nothing. So you'd rather just let him walk and not get a 1st Rd pick and a few serviceable players? He notified the Clippers he was going to sign with the Rockets anyway. "Hey I'm going to sign with the rockets but if you want I can opt in and get a little more money and you can get some assests for me instead of nothing so it's a win for both of us, nah just leave" what sense does that make?
Not arguing that

But REALLY you look at any of those names and do you see any of those names being on the team in 2 or 3 years? I think not. So I understand the whole "Lets get something instead of nothing" but with a return like this your just prolonging the inevitable which is none of these players amounting to anything for that team or their future. If that 1 draft pick can amount to something nice then good on them but until then they basically got nothing back anyway.
I wasn't even referring to Doc I was referring to the raps GM aka the old nuggets GM.
?? I didn't even quote you dawg 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If Jerry West thinks highly of David Griffin, then I am fine with the move. I just hope Griffin doesn't make the same mistake by overpaying players again

Hiring Griffin is better than giving up draft picks for Ujiri tho

I almost can't believe they actually did it. It's bittersweet.. I'm glad we got rid of him, but the damage that was done in such a short amount of time still stings and hurts. I also would have been interested in seeing if we would have went with DSJr instead of Frank if we didn't have Phil, but oh well. I think DSJr has higher potential but I think Frank can be a solid two way starter for our team.

It's Isola...you know dude has been waiting to say **** like this

We need a GM that will get a 2nd rounder for Noah. Trade him for Pekovic. Trade Lance too or at least up his rating in 2k18, so I don't have to trade him day one.

supposedly isiah thomas is the dark horse to be the new president

im close to burning all my knicks gear

why is it so hard to hire competent exectutives 

Back
Top Bottom