Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

DDcKGjUXYAA8N4m.jpg:large

dope we got rid of phil. now we need either Chauncey or David Griffin. apparently a lot of basketball minds like chauncey in a GM role.

where phill messed up was thinking he could build around anthony. only way that was going to work if he signed players around anthony that are better than him. he wasnt getting lebron he wasnt getting durant dont understand logic. phil should have let anthony walk or done sign and trade and tanked for a few seasons. knicks could have had top 3 picks in past 2 drafts.

Not a fan of Griffin. I don't see special about Griffin. I dislike the way he gave bad extension contracts

where phill messed up was thinking he could build around anthony. only way that was going to work if he signed players around anthony that are better than him. he wasnt getting lebron he wasnt getting durant dont understand logic. phil should have let anthony walk or done sign and trade and tanked for a few seasons. knicks could have had top 3 picks in past 2 drafts.

The biggest mistake of his tenure was re-signing Carmelo. But I agreed with the move at the time so :smh:

Last edited:
i dont think we need to get rid of melo though... the team was winning when he got here and even made the playoffs... then they missed the playoffs 1 year with woodson by 1 game... and after that phil took over and it went downhill... this team was really good during that 54 win team and had a bunch of old timers and tyson and amare were towards the end of their prime but it was a good year for melo and the knicks... dont see the hype in griffin either... he was lucky lebron came back and lucky to land all those #1 picks and didnt really build the team from the ground up... i wouldnt mind get ujiri though...i heard we trying to go after teague now

The biggest mistake of his tenure was re-signing Carmelo. But I agreed with the move at the time so :smh:
Bruh building around Melo saw gains before Phil got here, all he had to do was find the right pieces and system to bolster it. Instead we wasted his prime. How do we go from 54 to 17 wins?

Last edited:
this is why i dont understand all the melo hate like the 54 win season never happen and wasnt recent...barely missed the playoffs on woodson last year and then phil takes over and all of a sudden the sky is falling and we are a terrible franchise... no it was all phil he was a terrible president... we were in decent shape before phil got here the only wack thing we did prior was the bargs trade and losing our first round pick to toronto and denver (from melo trade)

There was no future with that 54 win team.

It was great for a season but there was no young talent to build with.

Back
Top Bottom