Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Bruh building around Melo saw gains before Phil got here, all he had to do was find the right pieces and system to bolster it. Instead we wasted his prime. How do we go from 54 to 17 wins?

Been saying this but people rather blindly bash Carmelo instead of using their brains

I love Melo but at this point in his career I rather him go to a contender & play for a ring rather then waste his prime years here...

Griffin signed Thompson to a near max deal. Signed Shump for 10 mil a year and JR for 13 mil a year. No thanks.

Griffin signed Thompson to a near max deal. Signed Shump for 10 mil a year and JR for 13 mil a year. No thanks.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'd take a few bad contracts if it meant winning a single title but that's just me I guess

Tristen Thompson's current deal is GREAT considering the current NBA market. Y'all are wylin'

I'd take a few bad contracts if it meant winning a single title but that's just me I guess

Tristen Thompson's current deal is GREAT considering the current NBA market. Y'all are wylin'

I'd be okay with Noah's contract if it meant a championship :lol:

Word.
Need a new pole. What would you sacrifice for a single Knicks title?

To be fair he was held hostage by Lebron with those moves
I respect the **** outta D-Griff for standing up to Lebron and straight up quitting before Lebron could hold him hostage into making more moves he couldnt justify as a GM himself, only to lose Lebron a year later because he is a traderous dickhead, leaving the Cavs with absolutely nothing once again and Griffin to take all the blame as the fall guy. I'd gladly welcome him to NYC.

Having said that, while the questionable Lebron-hostage moves dont bother me so much, drafting Thompson, Waiters, and Anthony Bennett where he did certainly do... 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
To be fair he was held hostage by Lebron with those moves
I respect the **** outta D-Griff for standing up to Lebron and straight up quitting before Lebron could hold him hostage into making more moves he couldnt justify as a GM himself, only to lose Lebron a year later because he is a traderous dickhead, leaving the Cavs with absolutely nothing once again and Griffin to take all the blame as the fall guy. I'd gladly welcome him to NYC.

Having said that, while the questionable Lebron-hostage moves dont bother me so much, drafting Thompson, Waiters, and Anthony Bennett where he did certainly do... :nerd:

He did draft Wiggins and Kyrie no?

He did draft Wiggins and Kyrie no?
I judge a GM ALOT more by the picks they go out on a limb for (even though AB also went #1, him and the rest of the picks I mentioned were all considered surprise picks on draft night) than the consensus #1 picks they chose (and lucked out for in Wiggins' case).

He literally went 0/3 on the top 5 picks he really had to make during the post/pre Lebron years, one of which will go down as arguably the worst #1 pick in NBA history...

Even though in DG's defense, TT wasnt that bad of a pick considering the rest of the top 10 in 2011 and although there are alot of other great players from that draft class, it would have been considered a HUGE reach at the time for him to have taken Klay or Kawhi at #4.

And 2013 was just an awful draft in general, and even though AB was a special class of bad, it's not like there was anyone that great to take unless he would have drafted Giannis, which would have been considered an even bigger reach to take #1 at the time.

Last edited:
Y'all are some god damn weirdos man

Griffin just came off of constructing a team that won a title and most of y'all are like "Nah I don't want him"

Unbelievable 
laugh.gif

I'd love to have him be our GM

I'm losing hope in this thread.

Dudes got that green light for the nonsense all over again. Actually think things have changed.

I hope they do get the GM they want :lol:

So are you a Knicks fan or do you just come in to bash at this point? :lol:
I'm a fan of the Knicks.

If I'm bashing its delusional Knicks fans not the Knicks.

Yall let Dolan hit ya with the okey doke AGAIN.

Immediately back at it with the same wild dumb **** 3-4 years ago :smh:

If he drafted Anthony Bennett then I don't want him anywhere near the Knicks, but I would love to have him join our big $$ fantasy league :smokin

Back
Top Bottom